Monday, April 7, 2008

Our New Summer Home!

Do ya like it? Its awesome. Two bedrooms, no baths and very spacious, super easy to set up and take down. The best part is you can plant it practically anywhere. Since it is new (we had to buy a new one, our old was was falling apart and was a very, very squishy fit for our family) we decided there is no better place to break it in than in......MOAB! We love moab, as you have all probably guessed. Quick side note, did you know Ali has been three times already and she is only 6 months old. Anyway I was thinking of why Moab is so perfect. First of all its within four hours, so its a getaway but ya don't spend your whole weekend driving. It is also chuck full of fun things like:

Sun, Sand and Camping fun


I tell ya chillin at camp in the sun so therapeutic. I decided April is the best time to go camping in Moab. It never got to cold, or hot. Perfect. Our little ones did awesome. We had a few hairy times but overall they were amazing!

Hiking


Ah hiking. I love it so much. Its interesting though how much more you notice when going at a two year old's pace. You notice the color of the sand, the cactus growing on the rock, the birds in the bushes, the white butterflies fluttering around, etc. Em is getting great at hiking! We let her go until she is tired then she climbs in the pack. So I have to mention this cute story. Some fellow hikers going the other direction on one of the trails said Ali was, "the happiest, cutest little hiker ever" Little nut would cheese and "GEEEE" at everyone we passed. She sure knows how to ham it.

Biking

Dave was able to get in a ride at the practice loop of slickrock one morning and then the whole loop the next morning. The boy did awesome! We also took the girls for a fun family ride. I really, really wanted to get some good ol mountain biking in but we just ran out of time. Sigh, there is just never enough time to cram everything in. Did I mention I am just LOVING biking this year. Seriously, I crave it. I think its because last biking season I was prego and couldn't really do more than a ride to the park and back. Don't worry though, sweet little Ali was well worth it hehe.

Diggin

I have to say, this is the most I have ever enjoyed diggin. It was a blast!!! Our diggin adventures usually play out with me screaming and begging and pleading Dave not to go a certain way, but he does it anyway, it all turns out fine and I'm left relieved and a bit miffed because secretly I wish something would have happened so I could have stuck him with a big fat "I told you so" Anyway we did Hells revenge. I loved it. It was so much fun and not too scary. We spent a good part of the day just chillin on the rocks and watching other vehicles try some of the crazy stuff. While we were busy watching the jeeps and supped out toyotas Emma was busy playing with all the diggin dogs. She found a basset hound named flash she just loved. Every time we looked over the two were on the ground wrestling. Flash would actually grab Emma's pony tails and pull. It was hilarioius, Emma would be laughing so hard. Don't worry it was all good natured fun, it was a really sweet dog. Oh, I forgot to mention Dave made me drive up baby lions back. I only cried and flipped out a little hehe, ya proud. Also, do ya like Dave's "new" truck. We sold little blue and got this one, so far we are loving it! It fits our family so much better.

Anyway it was a great trip and soooo worth the crazy drive home.

13 comments:

Dave said...

what a fun trip! sure had fun with the fam while we were in moab!

Michele said...

You are so brave, I definately don't like Ron's driving as it is! Luv the truck way cuter!

Emmy Bludorn said...

I'm so jealous! I told Matt that on our way home from Utah this summer we need to meet up with y'all and spend a few days in Moab.

Love the truck - I used to have a silver Tacoma. I was so sad the day we had to trade it in to fit the newest arrival in our family.

HappyHodges said...

So much fun and I am so stinkin jealous! Next trip promise me no matter how sick and fat I feel you'll make sure we come along! We need to talk about this coming weekend we have somethings to discuss with you guys!

Biggest Losers said...

Okay, looks like a blast , but again, MINUS THE 4 WHEELING! I can't watch! I get anxiety looking at those pic's!
We need to plan a little campout, just us kids, no parents. I need to get a trailer or something first though.
I love Moab! I have spent a few nights camping out there.
Oh the memories!
Hugs!

Tania Farr said...

What a great trip!The girls look so cute as always and sooooooooo happy.I am glad you guys were able to get away to where is sun.Here is sooooo cold and looks like winter will never end.Oh! David's truck looks nice.

Anonymous said...

hi

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!!

Just love to look at what you guys do every week.

I also wanted to tell Em thank you so much for all the good baked items you bring me, and for the picture you made me. You stop by anytime for candy!!!

Jeanie

Dave said...

honey some time when i have a day off we need to look into getting a day pass from http://www.visitsaltlake.com/hot_deals/index_familyfun.html

it looks like a lot of fun and a good deal!

Jess Young said...

Looks like fun, nice new summer home too. Way to go driving Baby Lion's back, I still have no desire to do that.

Amber Lynn said...

FUN!!! LOOKS LIKE IT WAS AWESOME FOR YOU DOWN THERE.. AND I LOVE THE NEW TENT.. alli is so cute.. hey tanner went fourwheeling when he was only 3 weeks old.. lol I think you guys and us are alot alike..lol glad yiu had a fun safe time!

Heather Rose said...

you guys sure are getting right on top of all of the camping fun!! love the new summer home we need to upgrade as well i mean i love my boys but a bigger tent would be nice. i don't know if i should let bryan see that dave got a new truck bryan has been diligently surching for one for it seems like forever. well it looks like you guys had lots of fun!!

Kati said...

Love the new home- it is a lot like mine and Brad's but a newer sleek model :) It looks like a blast! I hope we still get to go with selling the house and all... Ali is adorable and the pictures of Emma are priceless! And I love dave's new truck! You will notice such a difference with white- it doesn't get nearly as hot inside in the summer. You will LOVE it!