Monday, April 21, 2008

Under Construction

WARNING-do not visit! Alright ya can but our house will be in shambles for about a month. This weekend we began our month long (or longer) remodeling project. What a mess! We had to corral our little ones onto a toy covered blanket in the middle of the living room for 2 days. I definitely owe them some park time! Thanks to Adam and Mindy we were able to have a little bit of fun this weekend. They came over Saturday night for dinner and games. They didn't even complain about the overwhelming paint smell and the lack of furniture. What troopers. We stayed up way to late, 11:00, sheesh that's embarrassing.....we must be getting old. We laughed a lot and had a blast! Sigh, back to the grind of things I guess. Wish us luck. If you know anything at all about me and Dave you know we can't handle disorganization and chaos. It will be interesting to see how we do living in it for a month. Oh, oh I almost forgot to mention our FABULOUS news. They just put up new signs by the railroad crossing that say its a no honking zone, which means when our house is put back together you can visit us and not be scared out of your pants every time a friendly train passes by :) I was so happy I cried a bit, just ask Mindy.

I had to add some pics of the girls entertaining themselves. All things considered they were really good. Emma even helped for a bit, can ya tell hehe.

6 comments:

HappyHodges said...

You two are amazing! The paint looks great, I am so excited for you to get your carpet! Thank you guys for the funnest night! And for the next project (pulling up carpet, I think) call us Adam will be there to help and I will take care of the girls!

Michele said...

Can't wait to see it! I just got a rainforest jumparoo at my shower Sat. looks so so fun.

Kelli said...

I'm definitely not jealous. Projects like that seem like they take eternity to get finished. You guys are awesome though! It'll be so worth it when you're done! I can't wait to see it.
Let me know if you need to send the girls our way for a couple hours or something while you're working. We'd be happy to take them.
I was thinking, we don't have to wait all the way until Wed. to get together. We can hang out a little less formally sometimes, like say, at my house, or yours, although I'm sure you don't really want people over right now and I don't blame you. But if you want to get out of the house, come over! I'd love some company!

Kelli said...

One more thing...I almost started crying as well when I read your blog about the no honking sign, but how come they're still honking??

Emmy Bludorn said...

Good luck!

Jessica Adamson said...

Looks like a great project! I'm always willing to help in anyway I can, so just let me know if you ever want someone to come and paint for you so you can play with your girls or even if you just need dinner brought over....

I think remodeling falls in the "needs dinner list"

Best of luck,
Feel free to put me to work...

Jessica