Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I Love....

  • Wasa multi grain crisp bread. This is a new find and I absolutely LOVE it. Its especially good when you spread a little fat free cream cheese on it and then add some sliced tomatoes and a sprinkle of sprouts...mmmmm.

  • Early morning bike rides. I have started loading the girls up in the bike trailer bright and early and setting out for a ride. It is nice and cool, there is hardly any traffic and its a cheerful atmosphere. There are numerous walkers, runners and bikers who always have a smile and friendly hello. I have found a couple different routes that take us past big corn fields, wheat fields, old fences and barns, cows and horses. Its really scenic and relaxing. We usually find a park on our ride where the girls can get out and play for a bit. I especially love when Kelli and Grey join us on our rides (hint, hint).

  • The new, New Kids on the Block song. I know, I'm a dork, hehe.


  • Catching up with old friends. We had Jessica, an old friend from high school, and her husband Alex over for dinner and FHE yesterday. It was so fun to visit and catch up on the last 5 years, hmmmm, 6 years, hehe.

  • Emma's version of candy land. Instead of just picking a card off the top Emma digs through and finds a blue one each turn. She then yells out "LOOK, I found a blue one!!!" and counts out the appropriate spaces. Yeah, she beats me almost every time.

  • Our Family Room. When we moved in our basement was completely unfinished. We now have a cozy family room. Dave did a great job. I love it. I love the extra space and I love hanging out downstairs and watching movies with the fam.

7 comments:

Dave said...

so that is why you didn't answer the phone. You were blogging. Emma is so cute playing candyland. I'm glad you had fun on your ride! and I'm glad we can hang out down stairs again!

HappyHodges said...

You are the greatest! And if you are calling yourself a dork for liking the NKOTBs new song then you really do think I am a dork, cause I was the one jammin to it in the car introducing it to you, he he! Thanks again for your help with Kaleb today you are truly the best!

Emmy Bludorn said...

Ellie always digs through and finds the ice cream cone - the one that gets you closest to the end. Yeah, she usually wins as well.

Anonymous said...

love hearing about thing you love! Have you tried growing your own sprouts yet?? I did some last week- YUMMY!!! We love it! I don't think I have even seen your new carpet! We need to stop by sometime and see it! Brad wants to get recarpeting as our first project- probably a year out, but we are always planning!

mcbingham said...

Hey Brit-- It's Melani Bingham-formerly Hanrion! I've wondered what you were up to these days so I was way excited to find your blog. I have run into Liz every now and again and she told me she had your blog address. Your family is seriously so cute and it looks like you are loving life! Be sure to check our blog out so we can stay in touch!

Jessica Adamson said...

Thanks so much for having us over Britt....I'm sorry I've been so slow on the thank you part, but really, it made our day. You guys are great! Lets get together again soon.

Jess

Krystal said...

Hehe! I love the new, New Kids on the Block song too!! I guess we are all dorks! Emma's version of Candy Land sounds great! I love when kids make up their own games. It shows a lot of imagination.