Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Solitary Ride

I was supposed to run a 5K race this morning. I ended up canceling because we made other plans. Those plans got canceled. So, Kelli and I decided to go for an early morning bike ride without any little ones. Due to unfortunate events Kelli had to cancel. I decided I really needed a workout though. I swear, I'm addicted to exercising. I know that sounds odd but if I don't get regular workouts in my mood starts to dip. Anyway, I decided to leave my sleeping family and head to the gym. I got there and it was closed. I forgot it was Saturday and they don't open until a little bit later. Bummer. When I got home I was tempted to crawl back into bed with Dave, but like I said, I REALLY needed to get a workout in. So, I grabbed my bike, helmet and gloves and headed out for a ride. This was my first time biking alone. I am usually with Dave, my Dad or Kelli. Even when I'm not with one of them I'm pulling the trailer and have Emma and Ali to keep me company. At first I was uptight, restless, and perhaps a little bored. Then I really started to push myself. I got lost in my cadence and the beautiful surroundings. My bad mood started melting away. I loved it. It was so therapeutic. I envy Dave who gets a chance to do this almost everyday. I was able to get a really good ride in, one of the longest I have ever done. I am now in a much better mood and ready for a fun day with my little family. I suppose I will go get some cleaning in while I wait for them to wake up, hehe, sleepy heads!


*Note-the picture is obviously not from my ride this morning. It was taken awhile ago from a ride Kelli and I did with the little ones. It shows the awesome scenery though.*

8 comments:

Dave said...

hon I'm so glad you got a ride in!!! I love riding alone, it gives you a chance to reflect on your life think about ways to make it better. or somethins it good to just think about nothing. sure love you

HappyHodges said...

You inspire me girl! Good for you, I used to love that feeling of a early morning run all alone, obviously its been awhile for me! So glad you had a moment to yourself!

HappyHodges said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Rose said...

it so awsome that you have a place to just go for a ride without tons of traffic your blog made me want to get a bike and go on my own little adventure.

Emmy Bludorn said...

I'm jealous - that sounds great. And that picture is a really good one - your body definitely reflects your love of exercise!

Jessica Adamson said...

Britt,
We need to move up there so you can inspire me to do all of the wonderful things that you do! You are amazing! Thats all there is to it. I'm glad you had such a great ride this morning....I hope you had a day to match it!

Love,

Jess

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Good job girlfriend! I, like you, get really grumpy if I don't exercise too. Sometimes it's hard to get out but you're just so much happier when you're done. We've got to go biking together sometime! If you and Dave ever come out around here give me a call! Hope you're loving your new bike, it's awesome!

Jess Young said...

Exercise without kids! Wow, I don't know what that would be like, but it sounds delightful! Though I love taking my kids with me too. I know what you mean about it being addicting. It is so nice to be able to push my body again.