


After our ride we headed to.....BEAR LAKE to cool down!!! It was sunny some of the time, rainy part of the time and for the most part windy. The rain was like nothing I have ever experienced, big warm drops. It was actually fun playing in the rain. Emma stayed pretty clean and dry playing with her sand toys and running in the water. Ali got wet and muddy. She loved the water and would crawl out in it until we would stop her. She also loved squishing around in the mud, little monkey.








We grabbed a famous raspberry shake and then headed to visit my parents for a bit before heading home. On the way home we passed a rollover accident in Logan canyon. We were some of the first people on scene. I wish you could have seen the car, it was INSANE. It had gone through the guard rail and then completely flipped over. It was smashed and had part of the guardrail sticking straight through it. Dave took control of the scene and provided medical care for 45 minutes until the cops and ambulance were able to get there. It was really cool to see him in action. So all in all, even with the rain and unexpected delay on the way home it was a great day. In fact I would say the rain added to the fun. Anyway it was definelty my kind of a Saturday!I almost forgot to mention...my road bike came Thursday! I love it, I just love it! Dave (with the help of Emma and Ali hehe) put it together Thurday night and Friday morning we got up at 5:30 and were able to get a ride in before Dave left for work. It was perfect. I love biking with my family, chatting and watching the sun rise as we cruise past wide open fields.
One more thing....we counted the bikes in our shed....yeah, there are 6 adult bikes, one Emma sized bike, one trike and a bike trailer. Hehe, apparently we collect bikes :)
6 comments:
what a fun day we had! wish we could do fun things like this ever day off!
looks wonderful, little al is a nut, you kinda got the rough & tough boy in her!
Do you want me to come pick up one of those bikes from ya. I'm ready to fix it up and use it to pull my kids in the trailer rather than the mountain bike. Wish we could have been with ya at Bear Lake (the work bbq was everything I expected- a little boring and hard to hold my tongue around B's bosses who I'm kinda mad at right now.)
How fun!The pictures are so cute.The girls are getting so big.We still need to get together.
I am so glad you had so much fun! I am still a lil jealous that I wasn't the one at bear lake! And Bear Lake raspberry ice cream (not to be confused with Ice Creame, he he) Yum my favorite!!!
You guys make me so jealous with all the fun you have! That day sounds wonderful. Your girls sure get many opportunities to make some good memories. I LOVE the pic of Ali's dirty little bum! What a riot! They are such cuties. We are going to Bear Lake for Labor day - you have made me so excited. (especially for those fabulous shakes - yum!)
Post a Comment