- Never give someone a garbage can as a Christmas present
- Never try showing off to your friend by riding a bike down a gravel hill with no hands.
- Never cook a grilled cheese sandwich on high
- Honesty really is the best policy
- Never wait until your contractions are right on top of each other-make you cry-make you scream-can't breath-can't think-intense before heading to the hospital which is 45 minutes away
- You can accomplish more with a positive attitude then a negative one
- Never try out a new recipe on dinner guests
- Mustard stains
- Never read a scary book late at night when you are all alone
- Always look for the best in people instead of looking for their flaws
- Never give a baby your favorite beaded necklace to play with...no matter how naughty they are being in church.
- Never eat a big, juicy hamburger when recovering from the stomach flu
- It is better to be proactive than reactive
You live, you learn, right? Lets hear some of yours, come on, it will make me feel better :)
5 comments:
oh Britt, I adore you! you are so sweet even the things you have learned lessons from in life a sweet and innocent, he he! Thanks a billion for your help today!
I want to know the story behind giving someone a garbage can for a Christmas present.
It is late (early?) right now so I can't think of any life lessons; I'll give it some thought and possibly be back.
I love this post! What made you think to do it? I'm going to have to do one of my own now. I just feel bad the scary book you were reading alone was one I recommended! I'm such a good friend!
Thanks for coming over yesterday. It was a blast. Although, now, unfortunately, you know us a little too well. :)
Never judge someone till you have walked in there shoes.
Never say something that can't be repeated.
Don't lend something to a friend that you know you will want back.
Try not to second guess yourself.
Try not to be the YES girl.
Always say your sorry when you are in the wrong & maybe when your not.
Try to be forgiving even when you have been over & over to the same person.
Be ready for your words to be put into action.
Desire less, maybe there's a reason.
Say everything you want to say because it could be your last chance.
Don't put things off for the next day or say you'll do it later when you know you probably won't.
And finally from a plaque in my living room....dance as though no one is watching, sing as though no one was listening, love as though you have never been hurt & live as though heaven is on earth!
Whew, how's that?
One Christmas I thought it would be nice to get Dave a really big, sturdy garbage can for his shop. You know....so he could keep it a bit cleaner. Yeah, he still gives me crap about it. Hehe.
Post a Comment