Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our Little Cowgirl

I wanted to post some pictures of our sweet little cowgirl. The other day we went to a BBQ at our friend's, Kenny and Jamie's, house. After we ate they saddled up one of their horses for riding. Emma was a natural. She was so at ease and excited as she rode all by herself. Her little face just beamed. She kept telling me, "Mommy, I am a real live cowgirl!" When she wasn't riding, she was feeding the other horses apples, singing to them, and of course, nuzzling them. I couldn't get over how she had absolutely no reservations around the horses. She acted like she was around them all day, every day. Ali, on the other hand, wasn't so fond of them. I was holding her and one of the horses was trying to give her kisses and nibble her dress, she clung to me and kept squirming deeper and deeper into me. Finally, she decided she had had enough and turned around and swatted the poor horse on the nose as hard as she could. Nut. I let her ride with me for a bit, and by riding I mean sitting on the horse while Kenny led me around (hehe), she was nervous and slightly indifferent to the experience. Anyway, it was a fun BBQ with great friends and yummy food. Watching Emma thoroughly enjoy her time with the horses topped off a perfect evening.

8 comments:

Tania Farr said...

How cute!I am amazed Emma loves horses so much.They are pretty big.

Heather Rose said...

your little emma is just the cutest little cowgirl! thats so awesome that shes so comfortable with them. shes a girl after my own heart.

Jess Young said...

That is so cute. How fun.

HappyHodges said...

I am glad Em got to go do the horse thing, she sure does love animals, maybe she will be a Vet someday, and well as far as the Vet area goes with Al, maybe she will be the tech that euthanize them, he he! I just adore your girls and am glad you guys had a good time.

Emmy Bludorn said...

She is very cute with the horses. Isn't she into stuffed horses, too, or am I confusing her with someone else? I love that Ali swatted the horse - she's got great attitude.

Jessica Adamson said...

At least you know you'll have nothing to worry about when boys get to close...little Ali is already getting practice.....anyway I'm glad Em had so much fun. Your girls are wonderful, and so are you...lets play soon!

Jess

Michele said...

How neat, what a beautiful horse, you may need to get a place with land, for hiking, biking, & a horse or two, hmmmmm, Montana must be calling!

Kelli said...

That was so fun. I'm glad we all got to ride. That horse was so cute with Emma. he loved her. He wouldn't let any others get near her.
What a good time. I'm going to miss you guys!