I'm sad today. Its raining. Usually, I love the rain. I love the smell of it, I love the cooler temperature, and, believe it or not, I love the hazy gray clouds that cover the sky like a blanket. Today though, I don't like the rain.
Kelli and I were supposed to get in our last bike ride before she moves. Obviously, we had to cancel the ride. Did I ever mention I don't like change. Even a change as simple as our good friends/neighbors moving. So yes, I believe my sadness is more because of them moving then because of the rain. Hehe, but the rain certainly doesn't help. I've been spoiled to have such a great friend right next door. I'm going to miss our weekly playdates, movie nights, dinner dates and most of all, our early morning bike rides. So, not only are Brock and Kelli moving clear to Provo (haha, I know, with the way I have been going on you would think they are moving to Alaska) but they are taking Ali's best friend in the whole world, Grey, with them. Enjoy some pictures of the cute little couple.



I have some really sweet pics of when they were both itty bitty babies together but I can't find them in my unorganized mess of pictures. Anyway, to the Stephens, good luck on your new adventure and we'll miss ya!

Other news in our lives, ya ready, this is some good stuff.........ALi TOOK HER FIRST STEP!!! Its official, my baby is growing up.
Also, LOTOJA is in 5 days. I can't believe it is almost here. I'm sure Dave will do great. He has put in a lot of training time this summer. He started training in February and since then has biked 1,380 miles! Holy Crap! In August alone he biked 538 miles. Check out his blog for more details. While you're there, leave the boy a message and some encouragement, it will make him feel good :) Anyway, I'm nervous, but I'm excited for him too. Its the unanticipated elements, such as weather (rain, snow, strong headwinds), that worry me. We're rootin' for ya babe!
5 comments:
Poor honey is blue. I think you and the girls should go out a get a shake on this lonely, rainy, holiday. Sure love you!
Oh my word I feel like I have missed so much (are we growing apart, he he j/k)! Ali took a step, when, how? Yay! I am sorry you are so blue! I know you will miss Kelli, Brock and Grey so much, they are so great!
I'm sorry about your friend moving. Though it isn't far, it sure makes it more difficult to get together so, I understand your blues. Good friends that are so compatable are really hard to find. Hope your chins up soon! Congrats on little Ali's big step! It seems like forever that you wait and then all of the sudden...it happens way to fast! Awe life. Oh, and I love the little comment on your side bar about Emma yelling about the wrong baby - how stinkin cute!
What a cute couple.Sorry about your friends moving.
We miss you guys already! I love all the stinkin' cute pictures of our little love birds. The baldy picture is great.
Provo is nice, but we are surrounded by a bunch of single college students. And I mean literally, surrounded. Girls keep coming to our door inviting us to the latest singles ward activity. haha. I had one girl come ask if she could borrow my bike...weird? I think yes.
I miss seeing you and the girls and Dave on occasion when he's not working his one of 15 jobs. :)
This may sound extremely cheesy, but it was nice knowing, even when we weren't hanging out that you were at your house, right next door, doing the same things I was- i.e. changing diapers, cooking, blogging, trying to stay sane :). (Although, you were probably baking homemade bread while I was making Easy Mac, but you get the idea.)
Anyway, we love you guys dearly. But don't be sad because you haven't gotten rid of us. We're still going to play! We have to get these two married ya know. :)
Post a Comment