Have you ever gotten lost in a book and enjoyed it so much that as you got closer to the end you actually started reading slower because you couldn't bear to see it end? That's what happened with this one. I actually came across a review for it while I was skimming through a magazine at the gym while I was on the elliptical. I requested it from the library when I got home that night but had to wait a couple of months for it because it was so darn popular. It was well worth the wait. It is well-written, witty, fresh, touching and captivating. If you want to escape for awhile and are ok with getting behind on your housework and losing sleep (I stayed up all night reading it) then this book is for you. BTW-I'm always on the lookout for a good read so if you have a favorite, please share.
Monday, January 19, 2009
A Must Read
Have you ever gotten lost in a book and enjoyed it so much that as you got closer to the end you actually started reading slower because you couldn't bear to see it end? That's what happened with this one. I actually came across a review for it while I was skimming through a magazine at the gym while I was on the elliptical. I requested it from the library when I got home that night but had to wait a couple of months for it because it was so darn popular. It was well worth the wait. It is well-written, witty, fresh, touching and captivating. If you want to escape for awhile and are ok with getting behind on your housework and losing sleep (I stayed up all night reading it) then this book is for you. BTW-I'm always on the lookout for a good read so if you have a favorite, please share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know Dave just told you on the phone but I LOVED this book! I read it this summer at the beach and like you, could not put it down and got totally fried from the sun from being glued to my chair reading this book all day! I am glad you enjoyed it as much as I did!
You should join goodreads.com - you can check out other people's books and make your own lists
Post a Comment