Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Picnic in the Snow

To be precise it was a picnic in the rain/slush/hail and then snow. We had hotdogs, marshmallows, donuts and hot cocoa. Yum. We had originally planned on a big family get-together with a picnic and cross-country skiing in the park for the little ones. The rain/snow pounded us though and we pretty much stayed under the pavilion. My little brother, Mathew, and Emma were brave and ventured out with an umbrella to protect the hotdogs.


What good helpers ;)

It may not have been exactly what we had planned for the day, but we still had a lot of fun. What an adventure :)!


Thanks dad, for putting it all together. It is a picnic I will not soon forget.

4 comments:

Kati said...

Britt- remember forever ago I told you about an amazing photographer and her blog?? Well here it is, there may be some good ideas for you!

http://shannonhaddenphotography.blogspot.com/

Jess Young said...

Ah, the memories of pic's in the snow. So much fun. About the Mrs. Claus. . . we didn't ALWAYS have the underwear on the tree. Though I vividly remember one Christmas when I was old enough to be embarrassed about it. The four of us had to go around checking the tags for our initials. Dave was lucky because his were easy to tell apart from the rest of us girls, so he got his down pretty quick.

HappyHodges said...

Looks cold but like so much fun!

Michele said...

neat idea, leave it to your Dad!