Tuesday, January 27, 2009

NIghtly Rituals

Brace yourself...this is another post about how adorable my kids are. Really, I'm sorry, I just can't seem to help myself. What can I say, I write about whats close to my heart. I write about silly little moments I want to remember. With that said....

I love the hour before bedtime. It wasn't always this way. It used to be the most dreaded time of my whole day. Ali is now at the age that she participates in our nightly rituals and I can get both girls ready for bed at once. It's wonderful. We start with milk and crackers in the kitchen for a bedtime snack. Then its off to the bathroom to go potty, get in jammas and brush teeth. From there we head to the girls' room where they each pick out a story and we all climb into Emma's bed. That is followed by prayers, goodnight kisses (lots of them) and lights out. And then a few hours of sweet silent time for me-my favorite ;).

Last night Emma was on the potty and Ali was sitting on the stool brushing her teeth some more (apparently I didn't do a good enough job for her). I left for a minute and when I came back in Emma was still on the potty and Ali was over brushing Emma's teeth. It made me smile. Silly little sisters. Sweet moments like this almost make up for all the fighting they do throughout the day...almost ;).

3 comments:

HappyHodges said...

I love how they are becoming so tender with each other!

Oh and the sledding looks so fun! Cant wait till Ella is big enough to play with!

Heather Rose said...

don't you just love those little moments :)

Emmy Bludorn said...

Your bedtime snack routine is cute. And the things your girls do together are very cute - I love hearing about them.
And, I forgot to mention, I really like the pictures you take. You do a great job.