Friday, January 9, 2009

Resolutions

I finally got a free hour where I could think out and plan this year's resolutions-I know, its about time ;). I'm a bit crazy and take them pretty seriously. I like my resolutions to be specific, achievable and directed at making changes in EVERY area of my life that will, in the end, gear me toward being a better person. Anyway, as I was just finishing writing them up I discovered there seemed to be a theme evolving. I will spare you the agonizing details and specific goals and just give you the gist, of the majority, of my resolutions (ya confused yet ;))...

I want to learn more about photography, history, health and fitness, cooking, president Monson, parenting skills (because lets face it as much as I would like to be the perfect parent I am far from it ;)), the atonement, gardening.

I want to take a cake decorating class.

I want to learn more about plants and animals and brush up on basic astronomy and geography so I can make Em's homeschooled-preschool lessons more interesting.

I want to get out of my comfort zone, expand my horizons and try new things.

And, depending on our financial situation and Dave's schedule, I want to take a few classes towards finishing my degree.

So, heres to 2009 a year of exploration and discovery.

3 comments:

Kay said...

I love the pictures the new camera takes. What kind is it so I can start saving my pennies to get me one. Your family is darling! Happy New Year and my you achieve your goals.

Emmy Bludorn said...

Good luck.

Unknown said...

Just stopped by, from Kay's page. Dave, you have a darling family. We haven't seen you for a long time, but it looks as though you are doing well. Good luck to you both on any resolution you choose to undertake.