Saturday, June 13, 2009

Berry Fun

A couple of years ago my sister-in-law introduced me to a quaint little farm, not to far from my house where you can go and pick strawberries. While out biking the other day I noticed the sign announcing U-Pick strawberry season was here!


The girls and I went the very next day. Emma and Ali were quite excited and took off as soon as I let them out of the car.

Emma went straight to picking...

and Ali went straight to eating.

By the time we were done Ali was COVERED in strawberry juice and dirt.

It was quite obvious she had eaten her fair share. I tried to pay a few dollars extra when checking out but the girl just looked at Ali, laughed and laughed some more, and then assured me eating while picking was all part of the experience and didn't cost extra. Now I love the farm even more ;). I originally picked the strawberries so I could make jam...yeah we consumed 7 lbs of strawberries in a day and a half. Long story short I am going back next week to get some more.


The girls can't wait.

3 comments:

Krystal said...

SO FUN! I use to pick Raspberries up at Bear Lake as a kid. Such good memories.....
The girls looked adorable, as always!

HappyHodges said...

I love it and am sad I couldn't make this trip, maybe next week?

JoAnna Williams said...

Ok you have to give me an address so I can make a trip down there next week. I NEED fresh strawberries!!!