Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Birthday Girl

My sweet little girl turned 4 this past weekend.

She informed me, bright and early on her big day, that she is now old enough to move out, but that I shouldn't be sad, I should just have another baby. Little nut. I don't think she realizes that she has carved a permanent spot in my heart. As I was watching Emma work diligently on one of her new art projects on her b-day I got to thinking about how much that little girl has changed my life. I've been a mom for 4 years now. What an amazing roller-coaster ride it has been. Being a mother has taught me more about love, patience, service and heartache then any other experience I have had. Well, enough of my sentimental ramblings and on to the festivities....

On Saturday, I was gone most of the day biking Little Red Riding Hood (more on that to come). My mom used the opportunity to throw Emma a birthday bash. She took Emma shopping and then to soft play for an afternoon of fun with Em's cousins. That evening we had cake and ice cream for Emma. Grandma knows Emma well and got her a blue, my little pony, birthday cake. Emma was in heaven.

Ashtyn was sweet enough to help Em blow out the candles. Thanks mom and dad for a fantastic day!

Sunday morning (Em's birthday) we did the birthday table for Emma.

It is one of my favorite traditions we have started in our house. I love how it just starts off the day of celebration. It's amazing what balloons and a few small gifts can do.
Later that evening we did cake for Emma and gave her her main present. I know we already did cake the night before but a girl HAS to have cake ON her b-day so I made her own, individual rainbow cake. The girl LOVES rainbows.


Don't look too close, the cake obviously has some problems but I didn't think Emma would care, so I left it as is.
After a deep breath and a wish for a b-unicorn Emma blew out her candles.
She then informed me that I put too much sugar on the cake and that it wasn't very healthy so she couldn't eat very much of it.
Dave and Ali were only too happy to help her out.

Ali, was in sweet sugar heaven, she's not as health-conscious as Em.


I forgot to mention, a few weeks ago Emma made invitations for her "birthday party". She wanted to invite Nick (Dave's friend whom she has a MEGA crush on), Sadie and Sasha (two neighborhood dogs she LOVES) and Heavenly Father. After telling our neighbors (the owners of the said dogs) about Emma's invitations, they surprised Emma on her birthday with a visit with Sadie and Sasha in tow. They (all four of them) came in and had some cake and ice-cream. How cool are our neighbors?! Seriously, it was the sweetest thing ever! It made me laugh watching Emma frolic around with the pooches. The kid loves animals.

I love birthdays. I enjoy my kid's birthdays probably more then they do. I love CELEBRATING them. Make any sense?

Anyway, Happy Birthday Em...you rock my world!

4 comments:

Tania Farr said...

Happy late birthday Emma! She is so cute. It looks like she had a fun birthday!

Heather Rose said...

Happy birthday Emma!!

Jess Young said...

What a great post! She totally cracks me up (cake too sugary, unicorn, pony cake, etc.)!!! Hope she is ready for more (late) b-day fun with the Miller side tomorrow!

HappyHodges said...

Ok maybe its just my crazy Mindy side coming out, but this posts made me smile and laugh but most of all CRY?!? Why you ask? Many reasons.... Thinking that Em is that old and big is crazy, we weren't able to make it to celebrate, I feel like Em and Is strong bond isnt as strong because we dont get as much time together (I used to be top on Ems list if you remember :) )
Happy Birthday Emma we love and adore you so much big girl! Cant wait to have you come for a Bday pool party!~