Saturday, June 27, 2009

There's a first time for everything

I tried my hand at snorkeling...and loved it. Dave thought Crystal and I were utterly ridiculous swimming around with giant life jackets on with our heads under water. Such fun though!

We saw fish and Crawdads and what looked like a pile of poop. Definitely a highlight of our Flaming Gorge trip with my family (we headed off to Flaming Gorge right after returning from Zion). What else did we do?

A lot of sunning with the girls


Some canoeing

A lot of playing in the sand/mud
Boating with Grandpa (the campsite we were at was only accessible by boat or mountain bike)

Chilling at camp and scarfing down delicious dutch oven dinners


Fishing...fishing...and more fishing. Dave (the bad luck fisherman) caught a good dozen.

Eating num-nums and laughing ourselves silly over the campfire at nights.

I did not want to come home. This was a GLORIOUS trip. I could have happily stayed for another week. Sigh. I'm going to try talking my dad into the same trip next year.

3 comments:

HappyHodges said...

B-E-A-U-tiful!!!! Looks like a fabulous fun trip! Once you talk your dad into going next year then will you work on convincing him that we are family too and should probably go along next year? He he glad you had super fun with your fam. And Wow look at the hot Ma-Mas in their bikinis... watch out Cindy Crawford!!!

Jess Young said...

So I'm really trying to organizes a trip in August to go out there. Want to come? Anyone else want to come too?

.:*The Brown Family*:. said...

Cute pictures, look like you and your family had alot of fun...