Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hotdogs and a Rope Swing

After a day of sailing and playing on the beach (scroll down a few posts), we headed up to Mantua for a a good ol' fashioned weenie roast with some dear old friends.

It started out like any good weenie roast with lots of catching up, laughing and chowing down on hotdogs and marshmallows. Then, this is where it gets good, the wee ones found a rope swing. They all had fun taking turns.


(Emma)

Bryan, Dave's friend, decided he wanted to give it a go, Dave and the other guys also had to give it a try.

(Bryan)

(Dave)

(Spencer)

(Adam)

As much fun as it was watching them fly....it was more fun watching them crash.

(Bryan)

(Dave)

(Spencer)

The rope swing was on a hill so it made landing quite tricky. We couldn't let the boys have all the fun so Mindy and I gave it a shot too.

I never did figure out how to land it and ended up being drug through the dirt a couple times. I STILL had dirt in my hair (despite a thorough scrubbing) at church the next day. Good times, good times! On another note, while I was busy swingin' away Ali had a little fun of her own.

That's alright though, after all dirt=fun. Am I right?!

6 comments:

HappyHodges said...

So fun, we need to do this more often! And as far as the cookies go, I cant blame her they look delicious!

Heather Rose said...

Those pictures are awesome!!!
I wish I would have tried the swing out maybe next time and we will remember to give Lizzy a late nap so we as in her and I won't be so crabby.

Heather Rose said...

Byran says you guys have super jumping power, I say you have a trampoline who's right?

Brittney said...

You of course ;) It was the trampoline at Dave's dad's house. Don't you love being right! I sure do ;).

Krystal said...

Looks like fun! Where is that rope swing at in Mantua??? I've never heard of it! I love the pictures....you amaze me with your skill. Everything moving object I get is a rotten blurr.

The cookies look great....Good for little Ali - she's a smartie ;)

.:*The Brown Family*:. said...

Those pictures are awesome, looks like alot of fun! Plus, that one of your little girl, so cute.