First thing first, a family snapshot.
Please excuse the quality of the pictures, these were all taken with our beloved water-proof adventure camera. And then, we were off!

Please excuse my HORRIBLE biker's tan. I can't seem to get rid of it.We found a spot where we were able to lift up our legs and float down the current. It was quite fun. Emma loved it.
Ali, did not. She went once and then was content to play in the mud while the rest of us floated.
Ali, did not. She went once and then was content to play in the mud while the rest of us floated.
We did a few other small hikes as a group in the park.
Grandma Paula was always surrounded by the little ducklings.
Maybe it was because of the backpack of goodies she carried everywhere. I must mention, Emma and Hyrum were quite the little buddies.
They were constantly together holding hands and occasionally sneaking in a smooch. Yup, kissing cousins ;). One afternoon while Paula and Kati went shopping and Grandpa, Brad and the boys went swimming Dave and I snuck out to explore. We found a GORGEOUS hike that led to some old Anasazi ruins. I actually took my SLR on that hike and had hay day capturing the beauty all around us. 


Sadly, I didn't take ANY pictures of the ruins themselves. I got too wrapped up in trying to answer all of Emma's many, many questions.



Sadly, I didn't take ANY pictures of the ruins themselves. I got too wrapped up in trying to answer all of Emma's many, many questions. Another highlight of the trip was visiting Grafton Ghost Town. The history nut and photographer in me went crazy with Glee. I've devoted a whole picture post to Grafton, just scroll down.
What a fab-tab-u-lous trip! Lots of visiting, lots of exploring, lots of fun!
5 comments:
Love. love, LOVED this trip! You guys were a blast to be with! Missed the family who didn't come, but sure enjoyed the company we did have! Great pictures too! Could you email me the group picture?? Oh and I must add- the grafton shots were great! Email me the one of Paul too! You're awesome!
Looks like a fun family trip. Glad that you shared your beautiful pictures with us and your fun memories!
So glad you guys got to go on the trip with family. It looks like it was full of fun and adventure... Nothing I love more than fun and adventure... Ok I am getting jealous I'm gonna go tell Adam to load the car!!!
Looks like fun, I have been trying to have Matt take the family there. But so far no luck...
I had no idea there were such things as water canyons to explore. Looks awesome! I love the pic of Emma standing on the trail. The background looks so soft and impressionistic!
Post a Comment