Friday, June 26, 2009

Grafton Ghost Town

I'm a history buff. Alright, there I've admitted it. I'm the type that goes GAGA over ghost towns and old cemeteries. Grafton, is a small ghost town near Zion National park that was founded in 1859. The fam and I had a chance to explore it this past weekend. Enjoy a few pictures...I went a little crazy ;)

The church/schoolhouse


I'm kind of wondering who lived in this house, considering it is almost bigger then the church/school.


I couldn't resist capturing little pouting Paul on the front steps...he looked like a lone, rather sad cowboy ;).

A rustic little homestead


My favorite part...the cemetery.



The Berry brother headstone, all 3 brothers (and one of their wives) were killed by Indians.



Wow, life sure was different.

5 comments:

HappyHodges said...

You got some nice pics Britt, my fav of the group being the first one at the cemetery.

JoAnna Williams said...

Oh Fun. Is that the same little host town where they shot some scenes from the movie Butch Cassidy and The Sundace Kid?

Brittney said...

It is! Good eye!

.:*The Brown Family*:. said...

Wow, that is so awesome! I love old stuff like that, sometime I would like to know what it's like to live in that time.

jessi9380 said...

Wow, I love the obituary type thing. Died accident-swing broke? What does that mean? What kind of swing are they talking about?! :-)