Ok, so maybe not quite but little Als is certainly one milestone closer. I was blow drying my hair this morning when Emma came in to tell me Ali was awake. I asked her if she would please go "read" Ali a book through the crib (both girls LOVE to do this) while I finished. Next thing I know Emma is running back in yelling, "Mommy, come see, come see, baby Ali is standing up!!!" I go running, yes running, into the girls' room clapping my hands like crazy and hollering loudly with glee. Poor little Als, I scared her a good one, her eyes went wide as can be, her arms started flailing and she fell backwards stiff as a board. I told Em to wait with Ali while I ran to get the camera. When I got back poor Ali was sitting, still a bit stunned and scared in the corner of her crib after her encounter with " the crazy mom". With a little coaxing and encouragement from Emma and I, Ali pulled herself up again and then stood there proudly waving her sweet little wave and smiling as big as can be. I was so stinkin happy. You would think with Ali being my second child and all I wouldn't get so excited over each and every milestone. Its weird, but it makes me want to have 10 more kids just so I can witness these simple yet HUGE achievements. I love being a mom. I may get carried away with it sometimes, but really, can ya blame me?!? 
8 comments:
Yay Alers! She is growing so fast! You arnt a crazy Mom, you just love your girls and are proud of them, as you should! Good job Ali, we love ya!
so dang cute! I love the crazy look in ali's eyes in the first picture I'm glad you posted this blog entry!
Yipee!! That is such a great feeling as a mom - to watch your children achieve something important. There is nothing wrong with your parenting! Every moment with your children is very important and needs to be raved about. I am happy to see that you can be as happy with the second as the first...I have wondered myself how I will feel. How can you possibly feel less excited though? Cute pics!
Ali is getting soooooooo big and cute as always.I love to read all you write about your kids.You are a great mom.
Yeah for Ali, how exciting! So I just caught up on probably the last six entries. Wow, what fun. Which Jessica are you tagging? Oh and sorry I didn't say hi on Sunday, I was going to chat with you after the meeting. B didn't tell me until after church that you guys had to leave early. Thanks so much for coming to what you could.
it goes by way to fast
SO SO cute! Great job Ali! She is so adorable!
Someday I will need to meet these cute girls of yours! any milestone is a big deal, no matter if its number 2 or 10.....
You inspire me Britt...I hope I can be a mom like you
Post a Comment