Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Getting Down to Business

I realized the other day that my baby will be a year old in two short months, yes I cried. Anyway, I also realized that she has a grand total of 5 (2 pg spread) pages in her scrapbook. What the heck?!? I'm on the verge of having to cross scrapbooking off of my hobby list, after all I feel strongly that you cannot claim something as a hobby if you don't do it ATLEAST a few times a year. My solution......I am going to focus solely on scrapbooking until I get Ali's book caught up, which means, no more blogging, no more lazy afternoon naps (I promise these are few and far between) and no more reading (this will be hard I just started a dang good book). I was tempted for a minute to give up cleaning and workouts but decided Dave wouldn't like that too much, hehe. I don't have a ton of spare time but the spare time I do have I am going to use. Wish me luck! Also, please send any cute layouts or fast scrapbooking tips my way!

10 comments:

Dave said...

go honey! good luck! do you need your table set up again?

Jess Young said...

One solution. . . come on over (or I can go over there) Leave the kids with the boys for the night/afternoon and we'll get to work. I haven't even started Rebecca's and am only up to eleven months on Joshua's (he's eighteen months now!) We can borrow layout ideas from each other's books. Anyone else want to come?

Jess Young said...

Oh, P.S.
I know you don't want the temptation, but the next Twilight book is coming out on Aug 2nd. I read the first three this weekend finally and can hardly wait for Aug 2nd.

HappyHodges said...

Oh Britt you crack me up! I have only done like 4 pages of Adam and I in the 4 years we've been married, so I haven't even made it through the wedding yet! What am I gonna do when this baby's born? I will defiantly need the helpful hints on how to do cute pages from you (the Fair winning scrapbook queen)!

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

My solution: forget scrapbooking and use cute photo albums. I used to scrap book but #1 it costs a fortune (especially if you want to do it cute and "up to date") and #2 it's impossible to keep up on and so overwhelming when you get behind. They have such cute photo albums where you can write stuff on the side about the event or whatever. That's what I do. If you do decide to really take the plunge, Good luck sweetie!

Emily said...

hahahahhaha...you're amazing. Best of luck!

Kati said...

Good Luck Brit! Your girls will always treasure their beautiful books! I need to make the same commitment as soon as we get this condo thing sorted out and I am not always waiting for an email with 3 people waiting on me! AHHHH!!!! I personally love 12x12 pages! I love separating the page into a grid 4x4 and put 8-3.5x3.5 pictures and a discription in the center square. Make sense?! Not a ton of decorating and it gives room for a lot of photos!

Krystal said...

I understand your feelings! I have Addyson's first year done, but now she is 2 1/2 and not only that....there is another child on the way that I haven't even started on yet!! It is overwhelming, but I love when I can get to it. If you have room in your house, have a table set up perminatly, that way it is easier to get to. I slack becaise I still have to pull everything out when I do it - I need to be organized. Anyway, good luck, your ambition has put a spark in me...I will be trying to catch up as well. Thanks!!

Michele said...

Take less photos!!!! Oh, how I wish I could be caught up, someday, but till then, just enjoy what you have & can get done! Ideas, scraplift, even the best of the best borrow ideas, CK Magazine is a must for me!

Jessica Adamson said...

My scrapbooks aren't anything to smile about, but I used to get paid to build other people's scrapbooks....so let me know if you want some help. I have lots of formats, and lots ways to keep it (somewhat) cheap....I'd be happy to help!