Friday, July 25, 2008

What a girl wants!

I am a firm believer that the most important things in life are the relationships we form with our family and friends and the knowledge we gain along the way. After all, those are the only things we will take with us when we die, right? Every once in awhile though the materialistic side of me emerges......I have to admit I have been coveting road bikes all summer. When I have gone on rides I have had to borrow Dave's or my sister-in-laws (thanks guys). Well, I did it, I finally bought my own. Look how pretty!!!



My budget for a bike was small, very small. In fact when I went into a local bike shop and told them my price limit and what I wanted in a bike they pretty much laughed at me and told me their cheapest-very basic-non recommended bike, was a couple hundred dollars more than what I had. Ouch. I was discouraged, to say the least. I turned the problem over to my dad. He looked around and found me a steal of a deal, what I wanted, for what I could afford. Thanks Dad! I can't wait for it to get here, its been a very frustrating week and I can't wait to get out and pound those frustrations away, ya know! I crave riding, I really do.

7 comments:

Dave said...

YEAH HONEY! SO WHEN WE GO FOR RIDES YOU ARE VOLUNTEERINBG TO PULL THE GIRLS RIGHT? WELL i
M EXCITED WE GOT YOU A BIKE. LOVE YA!

Tania Farr said...

I am happy that you got the bike you want.It looks pretty nice.

HappyHodges said...

Yay Britt! That is so neat that you finally got your bike! Now Dave better watch out because you will be out riding him in the LOTOJA next year, he he.

Michele said...

Thats so great! Sometimes you need to think of yourself, you deserve it! I'm sure we'll see lots of pics & posts!

Kati said...

I had a lot of catching up to do reading blogs! I am so glad you are back to blogging, it is totally a huge part of keeping a history and a help for scrapbooks! So funny about the differences with you and Dave- I am a mix of both of your guys' likes. Total fan of chocolate, and mac and cheese and hamburger helper. My taste is mellowing out a little on the hamburger helper though... Not great quality... Also congrats on the bike!!! Brad is looking for a bike too! He goes to the DI every Saturday for a great deal... Our budget is around 50 bucks- so that is our limit the DI! lol! Well anyway- that is probably enough from me! Hopefully we will see you guys sometime soon!

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Girlfriend that's SO awesome! I love the bike! You are going to love it so much. We have got to go riding together sometime! I had about the same budget as you and it worked out just fine! Way to find a great deal!

Jess Young said...

That is great about you getting a bike. Does that say something about the home we grew up in when Dave, Kati and I all love mac and cheese and hamburger helper? Though I would take chocolate over fruity desserts.