It is 1:00 in the morning. Dave and my Dad are slaving away on the roof trying to get the AC in. I'm trying to stay awake because I figure it would be rude of me to sleep while they are hard at work-I know dinking around on the computer isn't much better, hehe. Anyway, I got to thinking how extremely blessed our little family is. Tonight we had family, friends and neighbors all show up to help us put in the AC. A few of them stayed very late even though they have to get up very early. We are incredibly lucky to be surrounded by so many people who are so willing to help. It touches my heart. I started thinking back to all the highs and lows and happy times and hard times we have had. In each case there has been someone if not many to help us, support us or celebrate with us. It really inspires me to reach out and give more. I don't give enough, not nearly enough. So to all of you who showed up to help tonight...Thanks. And to all you wives who stayed at home and put the kids to bed by yourself because your husbands were off at the Millers...Thanks. We really, really appreciate it :)
*Side note-I found a new biking buddy!!! Stay tuned for more details!*
1 comment:
I am so glad they got it in ok! No more hot times while your ac takes a break! You are so sweet and amaze me for all you do for us and many others ,it amazes me how humble and sweet you are!
Post a Comment