Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The perfect daddy-daughter date

My dad took me on the best daddy-daughter date yesterday. I need to start at the beginning of our day though, as to not leave anything out.

Me and the girls met my parents at the beginning of the Logan river walk. It is about a mile ride/walk on a nice, shady scenic path that takes you over to Willow park. We went on a nice leisurely ride with my mom, dad, sister and little brother. Emma started out riding her own bike but crashed so she ended up in the trailer with Ali. It was really funny actually because Ali was so happy and excited to have the trailer all to herself, when we put Emma in with her, her little lip popped out and she just started bawling. We met up with Brittney, Ashtyn and Carter at the park and all played for a bit. Here is a pic of the happy crew. After that me and my dad took off. We left the girls with my mom and sister. They had an absolute fantastic day feeding fish and ducks at the park and then going back to Grandma's house to swim in the pool and have pizza.

My dad and I had originally planned on a fun ride out to Benson Marina but were cut short on time so we took back roads out to Mendon. Most of the time we biked next to each other and were able to talk, and talk and talk. I bet my dad will stick to biking with Dave and Ty from now on, girls are too chatty, hehe. We passed big old fields and cows and horses and a IIama. It was just.....perfect. The highlight though was when we climbed a big ol hill (big to me anyway) into Mendon. There at the top was a bored little boy manning a lemonade stand. My dear sweet dad bought me a lg. Koolaid. Ahhhh, so refreshing.

I loved being out biking. I tell ya, road biking is addicting. Between the exercise and the company I didn't even mind the 95 degree weather. My dad's bike computer broke but we are guessing we got in just over 20 miles. I was so proud, that is until I realized Dave was biking 30+ that day and it was no big deal to him. Man. Oh and I must say, my dad is in KILLER shape. He was trying to teach me the art of drafting and ended up dropping me by over a 1/4 mile. I was pushing it as hard as I could to catch him and couldn't even get close. What a great guy. What a great day.

5 comments:

HappyHodges said...

What a fun Day with your Dad, I am glad you clould take time and enjoy a little daddy daughter one on one, I think all girls need that (deep down, even if they think they dont!) no matter what age! And look at you you are so fit, just making it harder for me to catch up so we can wear each others clothes again when I have this baby!

Dave said...

what a nice bike you have and those cloths Wow! too bad they are IHC! I'm glad you were able to go. and I'm glad you had a great time

Krystal said...

Wow! You've had piles of fun! Daddy-daughter time is the best! It is so great to have a private moment to bond with the big teddy bear that raised you! The canyon looked fun too! I agree, there is nothing better then the deserted outdoors. Get away from the world and enjoy simple pleasures with the fam.

Michele said...

Everyone holding a youngen, to cute, its neat to see the family revolve! As for 95 degree weather, your a brave soul!

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

That is so much fun! I went biking with my dad this past weekend on our trip and had the best time ever. Dads are the best! Looks like you guys are having a great summer!