Monday, July 14, 2008

A "BEAR-Y" Grand Adventure

Ah, what an amazing weekend! We spent the last few days in Yellowstone with the Miller side of the fam. It was a blast. We were in BEAUTIFUL surroundings and were able to relax, explore and hang out with Dave's family. I really had so much fun. It was hard to pack up the car and come back home. Dave and I took advantage of camping with grandparents. We left the girls with Dennis and Paula and set out to explore Yellowstone on our bikes (sorry no pics). It was amazing! It was fun to be able to spend time with just my honey and to see the sights from a slightly different perspective. Dave commented on how, from a bike, you can really hear all the sounds of Yellowstone.
Did I mention....WE SAW A BEAR!!! A black bear with two cubs to be exact. I'm so scared of bears. Other sightings included Elk, Buffalo, A Bald Eagle, Lots of little furry critters and on the way home, a Moose.
Shown here are Brad, Kati (with baby George in the tummy), Hyrum, Paul, Dave, Paula, Dennis and my two little orange monkeys in the stroller :) For one reason or another we haven't been spending very much time with Dave's family lately so it was so much fun (seriously) to be able to hang out with them for 3 days. Jess and B...we missed you!


Out on a walk. So stinkin cute!


I love this picture.....I just love it.
Playing in the river.
Oh Ali, she sure wanted to get out and explore.
This is one of my favorite pictures of the trip. Meet Princess Apple Juice (Emma) and her Prince, Railroad Tracks (Hyrum). Emma came up with those names all on her own, hehe. Emma had so much fun playing with Hyrum and Paul.
and finally....all wore out, packed up and ready for the long ride home.

We took a ton of pictures so if you haven't gotten your fill yet here are some more for your enjoyment :)





7 comments:

Dave said...

very nice honey. It sure was a fun trip!
Love you

HappyHodges said...

I am so happy you had such a fun trip! I love yellowstone and your pics made me want to pack up and go! Cant wait to hang out now we are both home!

Kati said...

That was SO FUN! Hyrum hasn't stopped talking about how we need to go to Yellowstone again with Emma, Dave and Brit and baby Ali! We all had a great time and it was so awesome to get to know you guys better- I know that sounds weird concidering we are family- but seriously! It was great being with you guys! We missed Jess and B too!

You are so on the ball- I don't know when I will get my pictures up! Hopefully tonight or tomorrow!

Jess Young said...

Sounds (and looks) like so much fun. Kati told me all about it on the phone this morning, too. We need to get together and go do something.

Michele said...

I was wondering where you were, no posts means your off & about! Fun! I had to check Mindy's blog just to make sure you were a ok. Miss you, thanks for Logan's B-day message too too cute, he makes me show him everyday!

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Love it, Princess Apple Juice! That is the cutest thing ever. You must have a creative one coming up the pipe! Looks like such a fun trip, so jealous!

Tania Farr said...

How fun.Cute pictures.