Monday, July 21, 2008

Catching Up

Man what a fun, busy week!!! I know I said I wouldn't blog until I was caught up on Ali's scrapbook but I'm pretty much done with the pics I have and am waiting to pick up more that I had developed before I can finish. Besides, my blog has been a huge asset as I have been scrapping. It has all the dates and journaling so its important to stay caught up! Anyway, this past week has been filled with
  • A lot of scrapbooking

  • Cherry Hill Adventures-Ali has learned how to sit on the edge of the pool and dive in. She LOVES it and wants to do it over and over and over again. She barrels head first into the water and I pull her out giggling. Nut.

  • A lot of Dates-Emma was all dressed up in her princess dress one morning when Dave came home from work. She told him to take her on a date. It was funny. So Dave took our little princess to get a blue donut at Krispy Kream. Dave and I were also able to do a temple date and then grab some burgers and shakes with our good friends/neighbors Brock and Kelli. We were also able to get out on a good ol 4-wheeling date so keep reading for more details.

  • Little Valley Days!!! I look forward to Little Valley Days all year. Its just good ol small town fun. We are able to catch up with lots of good friends and hang out with family. I love it. We missed the parade because Dave had to work the night before and had to get a few hrs. of sleep in. We made it in time for the shooting competition though and....DAVE WON!!!! Awesome huh. We then went to the square for lunch and to let Em and Ali play for a bit. Dennis and Paula then watched the girls so Dave and I could go on a 4-wheeling ride with Adam and Mindy. It was so much fun. It was beautiful and relaxing and just....so much fun. That night we had dinner at the square and then came the fireworks! What a great day.

  • A Drive/Hike up Big Cottonwood Canyon. Sunday evening we set out on a scenic drive that led us to Big Cottonwood canyon. Emma started to get car sick so we found a good hiking trail to get out and explore. It was beautiful, wildflowers galore, dense pine trees and brush and a clear river. Emma took 50 pictures on her camera in the first 1/4 mile. Ali insisted on using all of her senses and tried eating flowers, leaves, dirt, sticks, pine cones, anything she could get her hands on. Well enough rambling, time for some pictures. I'm warning you there are a lot!

We took the girls out on a short ride on the 4-wheeler so they wouldn't feel left out. Emma loved it. She insisted on "driving her motorcycle" to lunch, dinner and the fireworks.

Getting ready to head out on the 4-wheelers with Adam and Mindy.

I must stress it was SO much stinkin fun!

Dave let me drive for a bit. I did pretty well....until the 4-wheeler got away from me, hehe, whoops.



Did I mention the ride was a dusty, dirty, oh so much fun one!

Sexy Mamas!!! We found a nice little stream to cool off in. We had to convince the guys to join us though.

I tried luring Dave in with a kiss.

It worked...but then he wanted another one. Greedy Boy!

Don't they look like twins?

Ahhhh so refreshing. Notice the flip-flop? Yup, that's Adam wearing his wife's sandal. His feet was "too sensitive" for the rocks. Hehe, go ahead and laugh, I did.


Waiting for the fireworks and while mom was away. I could have KILLED Dave! Good thing there were only a few drips left in the can.

Watching the fireworks! Shown here is Kay (Adam's mom), Adam, Mindy, Me and Dave and Little Als. Not shown is Emma, Dennis and Paula and Catherine and Jason. It was a fun bunch!

If looks could kill!!! Ali was lying on my lap, sucking her thumb and enjoying the fireworks when Mindy snapped this picture of her. She did not appreciate it hehe.

Poor Memma Bear, she had such a long day. You can see how tired she is in this pic.

If you have made it this far I applaud you. I would have just done a slide show but Dave isn't able to view them when he is at work. Other news-We sold the firebird!!!! It was a bit sad, but definitely time!

7 comments:

HappyHodges said...

Man you guys are always on the go and having a blast! This weekend was such a great time, the ride was so super fun! We need to plan our next adventure, any ideas?

Kay said...

Thanks for sharing you spot to watch the fireworks. It was a lot of fun to spend time with your cute family!

Krystal said...

It was definatly a busy week for you! At least it was filled with fun activities. It was good to see you at Little Valley Days - glad you had fun. I agree, it is a wonderful tradition and the girls seemed to have a blast!!

Tania Farr said...

Oh my goodness.You guys are amazing.Always doing something fun.I love all the pictures.To cute!

Heather Rose said...

looks like you kids had lots of fun!! sorry we missed you we didn't get there until late. we should really get together sometime before school starts again and things get crazy hopefully we will get our back patio done soon and we can have a BBQ or something heres to hoping fingers crossed:)

Tania Farr said...

Cute,cute.Love the pictures.

Michele said...

Looks like fun, even those "dirty" pics! he he