Alright...now, for the long awaited post on Ali's birthday (I'm sure you have all been waiting in terrible suspense). The day was perfect. Dave, took the whole day off of work to spend with his little girl. We did our traditional birthday table in the morning for Als.
Ali LOVED the balloons. She was so funny chasing them around. She opened a few little presents and then we were off to IHOP for funny face pancakes, where, by the way, they don't sing happy birthday on the weekdays. We had a fun day as a family and then that night we had a little party in the park for our sweet baby.
She loved the presents, all the people and of course, the cake.



Little nut. We sure love her. BTW-Ali's BFF, Grey, even made it to the party. We had a little autograph bear for people to sign. Grey, with no help from his mommy, I'm sure, wrote, "Happy Birthday Als, You are such a beautiful princess. Love, your boyfriend Grey". They have to get married, they just have to :)

Milestone wise, Ali's birthday was a big day for her. She took 3 steps in a row, her most yet! She also cut her third tooth.
When we got home from the party we were all ready to head to bed, all of us that is except Ali. She was on a major sugar high. She was crawling around as fast as she could and giggling and yelling and opening all of her presents again. She didn't go to bed until after 11, unheard of for her. She is usually out by 7. At first I wasn't to happy about this crazy burst of energy, but that night as I rocked her to sleep in our dark, quit, house I was reminded of the first time I held her, seconds after she was born and I was overwhelmed by how much I love her. She is such a bright spot in our lives. She is so happy, easy-going and loving. On the other hand she is also very active and curious, but that's fun too. I'm am so incredibly grateful that Ali is a part of our family and that she is my sweet little daughter.
1 comment:
I can't believe you saved our gift for her after all this time. It was probably a little bit old for her but I never see those & then when I did I wanted to get her some like we did Em. I just love the idea of snap on clothes, clever, a Mom had to have designd it!
Post a Comment