Do you have any idea what has come to town? Only the coolest, and I mean coolest exhibition , Body Worlds! Check it out! We are planning on taking the girls. KSL came out with an article where the Utah State Office of Education cautioned schools on only taking kids that are in high school AND in an anatomy or physiology class. I agree to a point, maybe field trips are not the best idea, but, as parents, I think it is an awesome opportunity to teach the little ones. I think it is all about how you handle it. Sure, I could totally freak Emma out if I told her, "Em, for family night we are going to go look at dead bodies with their skin peeled off." Of course that would give any child nightmares. Instead, I plan on explaining that we are going to see what our bodies look like on the inside and learn about how our bodies work. Just think of the awesome learning experience that is available. The human body is absolutely amazing, seriously, a miracle. I'm really excited to learn more.Anyway, check out the link and let me know your thoughts.
Oh funny side note...Dave picked up a fourth job (that's another story for another time) at...you guessed it, Body Worlds. He will be the one running (or walking) to your assistance if you pass out, hehe.
4 comments:
I think this is awesome, I've been telling Adam I really want to go, but he keeps saying he's worried to take me because he dosnt think I will handle it like I normally would when I'm not prego?!?!? So if he dosnt take me I might have to slip in the stroller on your family night, he he! And crazy Dave another job!!!
Great learning experience if you ask me! But you know me- I have my own oppions about how to raise my children- like teaching them where their meat comes from and even letting them watch a deer and moose be skinned and gutted and chopped into meat chuncks. Some parents would DIE if their children were exposed to things I have exposed my children to! Granted I have children that can handle it- Bryan Sealy (just ask Dave!) is totally the type that can't- so I guess it is up to parents discression still :)
Hyrum is the type that would LOVE to go to something like this. He is so intreged by all the different systems (like skelital, digestive, muscular, circulatory etc...) in the body and especially white blood cells and red blood cells and everything else in your blood! Lets plan a play date there! Granted- Adam has a point- I don't handle things like this as good as I did when I wan't prego... I may need daves assistance...
Brad and I were talking about the fact that he should become a nurse b/c that is likely one of the most stable jobs you can have in an ecomonic down turn. I told him that I didn't think he could handle it. This would be a good test! (btw- he thinks he could do it because of his hunting experience- lol!)
That was Really LONG- SORRY!!!
We saw that this was in South Dakota while we were there and really wanted to go but weren't able to make it.
Post a Comment