
This book was really intriguing. The historical insights were awesome and the spiritual insights...even better. To wrap up it up in a nutshell.....it is about F. Enzio Busche, an emeritus member of the quorum of the seventy. He grew up in Nazi Germany. He was drafted into Hitler's army when he was 14, and by the end of the war, had become a prisoner of war. The war left him broken down, lost and confused (as it did most of Germany). He began a quest for the "Living God" it reminded me a lot of Joseph Smiths quest. It then tells of the experiences he has had while serving in the church. Some powerful lessons I learned from the book
- We need to fill our hearts and souls with love. We need to rid ourselves of fear and hate and replace it with love.
- This life, and the decisions we make in it, are vitally important. Help, is closer then we think. There is true power in prayer.
Coming from me these lessons sound so simple, like something we hear every Sunday in church. Seriously....read the book. It goes into it so much better then I can. This book, is definitely one of, if not my favorite, of all time. Thanks for the recommendation kelli.

I am a mother, is all about how important mothers are and what a noble calling it is to be a woman and a mother. The book got a little bit repetitive, but really, it was a message worth repeating. Some of my favorite messages....
- When asked, what it is we do in life, we should never reply, "I'm just a mother" but proudly respond, "I am a mother"
- Motherhood is the work of God and because it is, he will support and help us, we only need to ask.
- Competition, can be a tool of the adversary. We should not compete to be "the best mother" and judge and criticize others. Instead, we should form strong relationships with other women/mothers and support one another. Criticism and judgement tear us apart, charity brings us together.
- We are all mothers. Well, us women at least, hehe.
- This last thought is one I have been wrestling with for awhile. I often hear other mothers complaining that becoming a mother has destroyed their identity. They no longer know who they are. These comments have bugged me because, to a point, I can understand what they are saying. I definitely am not the same person I was before having kids. However, I didn't exactly see it as a bad thing. Jane addressed this in the book. She mentioned how, as a mother, you grow into the woman God knows you can be. She also said, " You do not lose your identity when you become a mother; you have the opportunity to more closely identify with God, to become more like Him and to enrich the lives of all who come after you." I love it, I just love it.
Let me hear your thoughts...whether you have read the books or not.
2 comments:
First before I share any real opinion on your thoughts let me say this; Dont push me Britt (he he), because of you I have read more in the last 2 weeks than I may have done since I was in school, yes its a record I have finished the first 2 twilights and just started the third, How crazy am I! And secondly, your outlook and the way you grasp and appreciate these things you have learned from reading these meaningful books is really a lesson to me, thanks for sharing your thoughts you are so sweet and inspiring to me! Love ya!
I will be adding those to my "to read" list. Thanks for the recommendations.
Post a Comment