Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Girls Day Out

Yesterday was my sister, Crystal's, birthday. My mom made plans for the three of us to go get manicures and pedicures and go out to lunch. Poor Crystal, ended up working. My mom and I decided to go ahead and celebrate Crystal's birthday without her, hehe. We left Emma and Ali with Grandpa and headed out for a fun day full of pampering.

I must say....I love pedicures. Which surprises me because I'm not too fond of being touched by strangers. Anyway, it was so nice to relax in the massage chair and be thoroughly pampered while chatting it up with my mom.

After leaving Happy Nails (what a name!) we went to lunch and then off to find a toe ring to compliment my new, beautiful, polished feet. I tell ya, I think feet are without a doubt the ugliest part of the body, so, when they are pretty it helps you feel pretty all over :) Don't you just love the picture of food amidst the toes and fingers. Ewwww.

We didn't totally forget about Crystal. When we picked her up from work we took her flowers and chocolate. What more could a girl want? Happy Birthday Crys, I love ya!

Here is a look at what Grandpa and my little ones were up to while we were gone. They explored Grandpa's very unique garden and fed and played with the farmyard of animals that live in the backyard-bunnies, ducks, a dog, lots of little kitties. I'm sure they were in heaven. I got a text from my dad while we were out that read, "sorry no naps today-still playing."
I love my parents. They make me, make time for myself. I love being a wife and a mother. It is who I am. If you ask me what it is I want to accomplish in this life, I would answer, to be a good wife and mother. My parents, however, force me to take breaks from these roles every once in awhile. I know, you probably think force is a strong word, but I hate leaving my kids, I'm not sure why, but I have a hard time doing it. My parents tempt me with things I cannot resist, though, like long bike rides and pedicures, hehe. I may fight them at first, but it is always so nice and refreshing to take a break, a deep breath and enjoy some downtime. I actually have really started to look forward to these times away. Thanks mom and dad.....I sure love ya guys.

7 comments:

Emmy Bludorn said...

You and your sister have the same smile.
I love the kitty pictures and that your dad was having too much fun playing with the girls to put them down for a nap. I bet the girls just love him.

HappyHodges said...

Yay! I am so glad you got a day to pamper yourself, it more than deserved! I hope you let yourself relax and enjoy it!

Michele said...

Way cool, I can imagine no nap with Mike, but hey if grandpas can't spoil our kids who can.....well us! I see your reading I am a Mother, what do you think? I loved it! I don't usually read books like that but it was so moving. Thanks for your craft help! Too too cute about the wrong baby leaving with you, to funny, thats something Logan would say.

Jess Young said...

I think my feet are my nicest feature actually.

Tania Farr said...

Brittney I am so jealous.I never got a manicure or pedicure.I am glad you are able to do those thing with your mom.To bad your sister had to work.By the way your hair looks so pretty.

Krystal said...

How fun! I love being pampered like that. I must say, your pedicure comes in to a close second to Addyson good work! hehe Anyway, I understand what you mean. I have a difficult time being away from my girls, but when I am, I get to take a breather and relax and in turn - I think it makes you a better mom. Well, glad you had fun.

Kati said...

I am so with Jess, I LOVE MY FEET!!! That has always been my favorite feature on myself! haha! So fun to do this with your mom! Happy birthday Crystal... Hope you get a girls day out soon to celebrate you! Your girls look like they are having a blast! Your hair is sure getting LONG!!! It is so pretty!!!!