Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Poop Happens :)
What a night! I was giving the girls their nightly bath and ran out to the living room for a sec to get the book we are reading (Little House on the Prairie). I started reading the girls their, "big book" during bathtime awhile ago because they play quietly together and listen (most of the time). Emma, now, always requests I read to her during bathtime. Anyway, I was in the living room and heard screaming. And I mean SCREAMING. Both girls were hysterical. I ran in expecting blood and guts. Nope, luckily it was just poop, and a lot of it. It seems little Ali decided bathtime was the perfect time for unloading her little bowels :) So, there I was trying to pull out two sopping wet kids, and the fish, Emma INSISTED I save the fish (a new toy from grandpa). The dog was barking like crazy at all the commotion and the phone was ringing. I didn't answer it, so, if it was you, I'm sorry. As I was trying to calm down the little ones and get everything and everyone cleaned up I decided it was a perfect time for the "Poop Happens" lecture. A tweak on my dad's good ol' "when life gives you lemons make lemonade" lecture. I was calmly trying to explain that we can't always control what happens but it is important to try to make the best of every situation and see the humor in it. Yeah, they were having none of it, but it made me feel better :) So, thanks dad, for ingraining an invaluable lesson into me that helped me keep my sanity in a stinky (haha)situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
he he! This story cracked me up! Here you are defending your little ones from their own poop like superwoman, and I cant even get one to stop crying without crying myself and then having to have you as emotional support over the phone!
Oh, we've had that situation! Little Matt freaked out as well when Josh pooped in the tub and I also thought there would be blood or something! Kids are so funny. I make Matt clean the poop out of the tub, though; I've yet to do it.
That happened once after your parents had Logan at the hotel when they were here. (Grandma Dee's funeral, I believe) They let him eat all kinds of things at the breakfast bar & when Mike brought him back & I was giving him a bath, well, I don't need to say more, all though I'm sure I wasn't thinking nice thoughts about Uncle Mike at the time!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! This was the perfect post for me. First of all, I enjoyed the story....but what I am grateful for is the thought at the end. Currently in my life things have been caotic, and for some reason I have just lost it! My patience has been very slim lately. So, thank you - Things JUST happen and that is life...finding humor is the best way to cope. Maybe I wont be so edgy as I take this approach.
Post a Comment