
This weekend was Dave's work party. We called in a babysitter (thanks mom and dad!), got all dolled up (I even pulled out my dusty black heels) and headed out the door in a snowstorm to go collect on a free dinner at the Marriott. I have to admit, I was a little out of my element. It's been much to long since I have been out and about socializing with other adults. I'm afraid I feel most at ease when surrounded by toddlers, laundry, Sandra Boynton books and pb&j makings. When did that happen?! Anyway, it was good, no great to get out and spend a few hours with my man. I must say, dinner was a surreal experience. My eating out experiences of late usually consist of spending most of the time pulling a one year old off of the table, trying to sop up spilt milk with napkins and scrub crushed french fries out of the carpet all the while trying to cram in a few hurried bites before we have to go. It was so nice to be able to eat slowly, hold a conversation and actually taste what I was eating. Sigh. It was lovely. After we left the party we weren't quite ready to head home. We ended up at the gateway walking in a snowstorm under the Christmas lights. Dave and I were able to talk, relax and remember what it was like when life was a bit calmer and it was just the two of us. People keep telling me dating is healthy for a marriage; I believe them.
6 comments:
You are one great writter! Sounds like a blast! Being around other adults, even just in Releif Society today was intimidating... Weird, I know. Glad you had a wonderful evening with Dave!
I felt just about the same way at B's company party! It was fun! More dates please. I'll watch your girls anytime you and Dave want to head out.
Yeah, Matt's work party was our only "real" date in such a long time. It was really weird being out with so many adults that I didn't know in a parent capacity.
Date? Whats that again? You guys look great though!
you saucy little thing you! i'm so glad you guys got to go out! what fun! i know what you mean, though. brock has a few dinners for his program and i'm expected to talk to adults and it's hard! i feel so much more comfortable now with grey on my knees because at least i have something to talk about. ;)
maybe some day i can be superwoman like you and make dozens of treats, but for now, i'm content eating my mom's and mother's-in-law. i'll grow up someday. :)
love you guys! merry Christmas! give the little ones lots of Christmas kisses for us!
You guys look so cute and fabulous! Isn't that a great dinner at the Marriott? I think I went up for seconds and thirds last year! Could that be because I was 7 or 8 mo. pregnant? Never! Seriously though, you guys look great. Sounds like fun at the gateway too, I love pretty snowy nights. With all that time alone, did you totally spend the whole time thinking "ali or emma would love this or that?" I end up thinking that when we're out without Sam! I really don't like being out without him!
Post a Comment