Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Celebrating 6

This last weekend Dave and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. First of all, 6 years, wowsa! It feels like we were married just yesterday. My-oh-my how time flies. Anyway, this year Dave's dad set us up with a condo in Bear lake and my parents were kind enough to watch the girls for us (thanks you guys!). It was the longest I have ever been away from my monkeys, a whole 28 hours. My mom was awesome and texted me hourly updates ;). Anyway, Dave and I went hot tubbin', stayed up late watching movies and slept in. It was wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. Oh how I love that boy!
After we checked out of the condo we went x-country skiing.

We found a beautiful trail up Logan Canyon, it was SO much stinkin' fun. The first part of the trail was groomed so we were able to really glide. The second part was more back-country, deep powder with some slush that was a little bit harder to navigate through, but very scenic. We skied up to the Idaho border and then turned around.
The way back was all down hill. Down-hilling in x-country skies is an absolute riot! You don't have a whole lot of control and the only way to slow down is to crash. It was a blast.

Thanks babe, for one of the best, most relaxing weekends of my life.

After we picked the girls up from my parents' house and thoroughly smothered them with kisses and hugs, we decided to head up to Hardware Ranch. We got there just in time and were able to catch the last sleigh ride out to see the elk.





I love Hardware Ranch.

So, one last picture. I love this picture. It reminds me of how much I love our camera. After leaving Hardware Ranch we were driving down the canyon and Dave found a shot he just had to take. I honestly didn't think it was going to work. It was 5:30, the sun had gone down and it was quite dark. Using the flash wasn't really an option because it would have ruined the picture. Dave decided he wanted to try anyway. I tinkered with the camera's white balance, bumped up the ISO to 1600, changed the shutter speed to 1/2 and handed the camera to Dave.



There is no way we would have got that shot on Auto. I must add, there was no editing done to this picture. It was all the camera. Amazing.

For more scenic pictures of our weekend check out Dave's blog, he was able to get some stunning pics.

What a fabulous weekend. Its too bad weekends must end. Sigh.

4 comments:

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Happy Anniversary! And I am so glad you guys a get-a-way. You deserve it missy. Looks like it was beautiful. I have never been cross country skiing before but it looks like a blast and a heck of a workout. The picture you took is beautiful and I am 100% completely coveting your camera. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas as well. The girls look so happy!

Dave said...

hey hon I like your post. I think it is time to update your "about us" section. sure had fun I also think we should do it again this weekend!

HappyHodges said...

Oh my I am the worst, I was with you this afternoon and didn't even remember to say happy anniversary! 6 Years, isn't it amazing how life goes! I am glad you had a nice relaxing weekend together, it sounds wonderful!

Michele said...

Congrats!!!! Six years, it goes by in a blink! Glad you managed the whole 28 hours!! te he, I remember the hours we left for the temple....gotta luv ya, & it just proves yet again what a great Mom you are!