Saturday, December 6, 2008

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...

Ok, well not quite, after all we don't have a chimney, but you get the idea. We spent yesterday and part of this morning decorating our house for Christmas. Emma got the privilege this year of capping off our holiday decorating by placing the star on top of the tree. She was so honored. It was really cute. The girls were such great helpers this year, well, they tried hard anyway :).
I LOVE my house all decked out for Christmas. I love sitting in the rocking chair at night with the tree lit, the forgotten carols softly playing in the background and the smell of a fresh pine tree and a hint of a sugar cookie candle permeating the air. Ahhhh, doesn't that make you all warm and fuzzy inside just reading about it. Hmmm, maybe I should add a cup of piping hot cocoa to my nightly ritual to make it even more complete.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh! This makes me so happy. I want to come see your cute house, your cute girls, and of course cute you! Can I come make cookies with you? That sounds so fun! Will you be around for Christmas? I want to come play.

Krystal said...

I am the same way. I LOVE the fun spirit in the air when the house is all decked out and cheery! I need to to the Hot Chocolate thing too.....awe-perfection. Well, looks good! Glad you had fun!

Michele said...

tooo tooooo cute!!!!!!