Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Highlights

We had an absolutely fabulous Christmas! Some of my favorite parts...
  • Christmas morning-we stayed out late on Christmas Eve partying at my parents house so my girls actually slept in Christmas morning. Dave and I were DYING!!! At about 7:30 Dave couldn't stand it any longer and started whistling and singing Christmas songs as loud as he could to wake up the girls. They didn't appreciate it and both started crying. As soon as we told them Santa had come though the tears stopped and they both dashed into the living room. I LOVE little ones on Christmas morning.

  • Christmas breakfast. We had our traditional pigs-in-a-blanket and some Martinellis in my fancy-shmancy wine glasses. I don't yet trust the little ones with the glasses, so, they drank their sparkling juice out of little glass votive candle holders. They felt special ;).

  • Emma. Emma was so much fun. She was so excited and grateful over each present she opened. She would hug it close to her, squeeze it tight and yell, "This is JUST what I wanted!" When she opened up her blue robe I actually thought she might start crying because she was so excited. She is such a sweet, slightly dramatic little one. I sure love her.



  • Emma's telling of the Christmas story. In nursery Emma made a magnetic manger with Joseph, Mary, the baby Jesus, the shepards and the wise men. It was so sweet listening to Emma tell me about the first Christmas as she used her blue nativity scene to illustrate.

  • Ali. Oh, silly Ali. When she dumped out her stocking she ignored the little toys and went right for the chocolates. She was in sweet cocoa heaven. Once we got her away from the yummies and opening presents she would get so excited and let out an, "Ohhhhh!" as each present emerged from the wrapping paper. Ali loves, loves, loves babies. Santa brought her twins and she also got a baby from each set of grandparents. Christmas night my poor little toddler was quite tired and had a minor meltdown because she was trying to carry all four of her babies to bed and kept dropping one. It was pretty funny.



  • My presents. Hehe, now, before you judge, please let me explain. For a few years now Dave and I have been wanting an SLR camera. We decided for Christmas this year we would buy one and that would be our gift to each other. Dave picked up a third job and 90 percent of his paychecks went towards the camera. We have NEVER been so dutiful in saving for something before. We bought a Nikon D60 with two lenses and a goodies pack, wrapped it all up and put it under the tree. I was sooo excited to finally open it and be able to use it. Dave also surprised me with Photoshop Elements and some cake decorating equipment. Little stinker. I tell ya though, the boy gives the best presents ;).

It touches my heart that he is so thoughtful.

I hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas too.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I could tell right away by looking at the pictures that you got a SLR! When I read that you actually got a Nikon D60 I was in complete envy! Oh I want that camera! I am so excited for all the pictures that camera will bring to the blog! What a great gift! Also, I can't wait to see you TUESDAY!

love you! Merry Christmas.

Michele said...

Glad evrything went well! I too am envious of the camera!

Kelli said...

your pictures look so good! yay! what fun!