Friday, February 6, 2009

Did you know...

Snow basin has a good half-a-dozen, free, groomed trails for x-country skiing! I was sure excited to find that out. Dave and I took the girls up Tuesday and because I'm home all day today with a sick child I finally have time to blog about it.

It was seriously a perfect day. The sky was bright blue, the weather was warm, the kids were happy and we had Dave all to ourselves for the afternoon. It was great!

Dave pulled Emma on a sled behind him while I pulled Ali. Which was nice because last time we took the girls Ali was only 2 months and had to ride in a snuggli.



When we first started out the girls were laughing and screaming and Em was yelling, "YEE-HAWW." It was hilarious. The girls, for the most part, had so much fun! Do you remember how I talked about it being tricky down-hilling in x-country skis? Well, add a sled tied behind you with a 20-30 lb. child in it and it makes it even trickier. Yeah, the girls each had a couple of pretty good wipe-outs but they recovered and were ready to roll again. I was so proud of them ;). When we got back to the truck Dave made us all some yummy hot chocolate to top of our adventure. Ah, if only every day could be THAT good!

Now for a few more pictures, ah who am I kidding, a gazillion more pictures, you all know how I love pictures ;). I think the pictures will do a better job then my words at showing you what a great day we had.







Ya see what I mean?!

4 comments:

HappyHodges said...

So cute and fun! I am a little jealous even ;) Did you know snow basin is my personal favorite ski resort ( although I've only downhilled there!) Lots of good pictures! Hope my little Em gets better soon!

Jess Young said...

Great pics. Still love the hats.

Kati said...

I love the pictures! You ALMOST made snow look fun! lol! I am glad you all enjoy this activity/adventure together!

--I still love the hats too! I do have to say I love all the smiles more!

Kati said...

This week for pictures for sure! Can we do Hyrum's too? Thursday works best for us. What is your scedole like?

Our topic is Overcoming Pride... Any suggestions???