Friday, February 13, 2009

Preschool for a Day


Yup, that's my big girl all grown up and heading off to preschool for the morning. And, yup, right beside her is my bed-headed baby still in her jammies and bright green bathroom scowling because her sissy had plans to leave her behind. I wish ya all could have heard the conversation that took place between my girls right after this picture was taken. I will do my best to fill ya in. Ali was grunting and sad and trying to leave with Emma. Emma took one of her little clocks off her backpack (she had two, random gifts from grandpa from awhile ago) then gave it to Ali and told Ali to go take a nap and when the clock reached a certain point then, "sissy will be home from school and we can play." It was so sweet I almost cried ;).


I had a photo shoot this morning and my good friend, Jamie, offered to take Emma to work with her (Jamie works at the preschool). She offered after finding out I planned on drugging Emma so she would take a nap while I was gone as Dave was sleeping after working a grave from the night before. I don't think she knew I was just joking ;). Anyway, It is the preschool Emma will be attending next year, so it was a good opportunity for her. As ridiculous as this may sound, it was kind of hard on me. Especially when I picked Emma up from school and begged for details from her day and all I got was a bunch of "good", "fine", and "fun"s. I was dying because I wanted to know every detail of her day and how she survived in the "real world" without her mama. Luckily Jamie was able to stick her head into Emma's class throughout the day and was able to fill me in a bit more. Apparently Emma loved it and had blast. But luckily for little Als and I, we still have another six months before Emma starts leaving us on a regular basis. Whew.


After picking Em up we headed up to snow basin for a family fun day full of x-country skiing. Well, me and my little ones were so tuckered (for some strange reason) we slept in the truck for an hour while Dave went off skiing. After our short but much needed nap we were able to all ski/sled/play for awhile. So all in all, it was a lovely day.

3 comments:

Kati said...

That conversations between the two is priceless and so precious! I can't wait to send Hyrum but I think I will have mega withdrawls from him! I know Paul will for sure! Oh- and I have no idea how you sleep in the truck! I just can't do that for some reason!

Jess Young said...

You guys slept in the truck for an hour!!! That is so funny. Em is the GREATEST BIG SISTER IN THE WORLD. So adorable.

HappyHodges said...

So cute. Its incredible how fast they grow and the bond they share! Glad you were able to get in a little snooze, sounds nice!