Alright girls, I found us an AWESOME event! It is an ALL GIRLS cycling event on June 6th to raise money for breast cancer research. I stole this next part straight from Bonneville cycling's website, so read on, its good...
Top 10 Reasons to Ride Little Red Riding Hood
1. No boys allowed! — on the other hand... lots of friendly, handsome MALE volunteers.
2. An opportunity to spend the weekend with your girlfriends, exercise your body, clear your head for a day of cycling in the beautiful, cooler temperatures of Cache Valley.
3. Great logo and clothing design
4. Women's fit event t—shirt, no Beefy T's for our riders
5. An opportunity to raise money for Women's cancer research.
6. Yummy food — we're talking close to gourmet!
7. Six, count them, six route options — 15, 35, 45, 62, 80 or 100 mile routes
8. The very Best rest stops with a promise of endless food
9. Friday night Hawaii Luau dinner complete with music and live entertainment
10. Free Finish Line Celebration
I'm going to go out on a limb and add one more reason...
You will get to spend hours chatting it up with yours truly ;).
Did ya catch the part about the six different route options?! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have someone to ride with in this. So if you sign up with me, I'll let you pick the length. Let me know if you are interested sooner then later though because they only allow so many riders in the event.
Makinley? Emily? Jessica? Kati? Krystal? Kelli? Heather? Teddy? Mindy? Anyone? Anyone at all?
7 comments:
You know...it's very tempting. If only I had a bike! One of these days I'm gonna get one. When that day comes....I'M IN! I have become quite a fan of fitness lately and it's the cherry on top if you can be outside!! Some day Britt...some day ;)
Ok Britt- you claim "you will get to spend hours chatting with your truely" SOOOOOO---- that means, say I did this crazy race, you will stay by my side as I puke and as I tire and as I give me my own little pep talks and as I slow and as I speed and as I cross the finish line utterly exhasted and you will stay by my side if I pass out till I recover??
Yup, by your side through it all ;). I think you would do great though.
Also Dave has offered to let someone borrow his bike for the event.
I am truly considering, but my excuse was I would have to ride my mountain bike, and well that wouldn't work.... I could use a reason to kick my butt and train for something.
Oh my heart, I wish I was going to be around! I've been looking for an event like this! Darn! Please keep me posted is you find out anything else. This sounds like so much fun.
I'm in, even on my Mt Bike (unless I somehow miraculously get my road bike fixed). Will you help me train? When is it? When do we need to register?
ooohh! I call Daves bike! I will be doing ALL my training on an excersize bike though- does that work??? Maybe I will hit the next cycling class... I am thinking of trying the 35 miler. I did 6 miles when I was completely out of shape and that was easy. What say ye?
Post a Comment