Friday, February 27, 2009

More cake date fun!

Ahhhh cake date...I love it. Our creations may be simple, sloppy and far from perfect but we have such a great time. This week we made ice-cream cone cupcakes-so simple and fun. The kids really got into decorating these and frosted several each (except for Ali, she was too interested in eating them). I really wish I would have gotten a picture of Emma's plate full of BLUE cupcakes and a picture of Hunter's plate full of PINK ones. Instead I was busy chasing a half-naked, chocolate covered Ali around and chatting it up with Jamie.

To make these wonders simply whip up some white cake mix and fill ice-cream cones 2/3 of the way full. Stand all the filled cones up in a 9x13 pan and then follow the cooking directions for cupcakes found on the cake mix box. Cool and then decorate. Complicated huh?! ;).

On another note thanks to all you who voted on the previous post-that was fun! The winner is... #5! Although I think #2 will be making an appearance in a small 5x7 frame.

1 comment:

Kati said...

Hyrum says "They look so good I want to eat your computer." I think I will give this one a go!