- Moved to the table. She will have NOTHING to do with her highchair anymore. Although she can barely see over the main table, that's where she now eats every meal.
- Decided she likes Emma's bed more than her crib. We are now in the process of building bunk beds so we can move her out of her much detested crib.
- Started speaking. She is starting to say new words every day. Today's word? "Pop-Pop" aka popcorn.
- Started answering questions-whether it be, "where's your nose", "what does a cat say" or "Do you want milk or juice?" She still uses gestures more than words, but she is definitely understanding and answering us.
- Using the potty. Lately she has been a bit obsessed with the potty. I think it comes from wanting to be like big sister. We all know when she wants to go because she will run for the bathroom while pulling on her clothes. Most of the time we strip her and sit her on the pot and she just sits there grunting and groaning for a few minutes before declaring "ahh done". There have been several times though that she has actually done her business in the pot, if ya know what I mean ;). Although I don't plan on switching her to undies for quite some time yet I'm going to keep encouraging her interest.
I love watching my kids grow and accomplish new things, as hard as it is to admit they are indeed growing and inching closer to when they won't need me anymore (I know, I know they are ONLY 3 and 1, I've got some time ;)). I love watching the confidence it gives them as they conquer new skills. So, although I am definitely missing my baby I am LOVIN' my big girl and rejoicing in the sassy, independent, fun-loving person she is becoming.

7 comments:
Oh Ali! It is nuts how fast she is growing up! I love all her new developments you listed! What a lucky mom you are, oh and what lucky kids they are! Love those little stinkers!
I understand completely! I remember when my Addy switched into a toddler and now I look at her and see that overnight she has become a "little girl"! It is fun to see but heart wrenching at the same time...knowing that this will pass much to quickly! Oh, motherhood....sigh.
BTW, don't worry. I have enough craftiness to share! I will give both you AND the Wheelers something. You won - fair and square! :)
You amaze me Britt...You are such an incredible mother. Isn't it crazy how fast they grow and change? I've never had my own, (well,not really) but I've watched my nanny kids transform before my eyes. *sigh* How time goes.....
Jess
Such a wonderful cutie she is becoming! And Britt, don't be discouraged- your kids WILL ALWAYS need you! I still feel I need my mom!
Yes, your girls will always need you. Can I bring the camera when Em starts Kindergarten to catch your tears, I'll bring a towel or two to catch them in too. Oh, and LOVED the ranch pics. Looks like so much fun!
How fun. I love it watching them grow but it's bittersweet.
Post a Comment