Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Dilemma


My little Ali LOVES her "pie-ba-bo" aka pineapple. She asks for it constantly and whenever the fridge opens runs as fast as she can to grab the big tupperware full of fresh pineapple. Pineapple makes her smile. Which makes me...happy. The problem? Pineapple cleans out her little system. She gets frequent, acidic poops (aren't ya glad I shared) that blister her bottom and makes her cry. Which makes me....sad. Oh-me-oh-my, what's a mama to do?

3 comments:

HappyHodges said...

Poor Al! Is that what the problem is?!?!? Maybe you cant give her the real thing but I wonder if something with a lil "Pie-ba-bo" flavor could help quench that taste bud. Like pineapple flavored: Popsicles, Watered down juice, or maybe dried Pineapple would be less acidic?!?!?

Brittney said...

Dried pineapple!!! Mindy, youre a genious! I'm going to give that a shot!

jessi9380 said...

You could try covering her little bum with some calmoseptine. It's a fabulous OTC diaper cream that Tom recommends and I swear you can't wash it off your hands! It really does a great job as a skin barrier. Hopefully she'll grow out of needing it all the time and move onto something a little less acidic!