Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stephen at Sunset

Do ya all remember good ol' Stephen?

2

He is our friend, the fiberglass buffalo who lives at the gates of Antelope Island. During the summer we visit him weekly. One of our favorite family bike rides is to ride out and visit Stephen, thus, the weekly visits during the summer. Well, we have been missin' him lately. So, yesterday, we decided to go visit him. Sadly the cold and heavy snow made biking out of the question so we had to settle for a family drive instead. We got there just in time to witness a BEAUTIFUL sunset. Good thing we grabbed the camera before we left ;). Dave and I took turns taking pics and experimenting with different compositions and exposures. Dave won our little competition and took the best pic. Darn him ;).

1

Wowsa! Doesn't it just take your breath away?

In case you were wondering, our little monkeys kept themselves entertained this whole time by puddle jumping.

3

They were so funny to watch. Ali had her snow boots on so jumped in first and was laughing and stomping and having a merry old time. Poor Emma just watched for awhile because she was only wearing her flimsy dress shoes. The temptation was too great for her though and before long, she jumped right in. I don't know how she did it, the water was icy cold! She didn't seem to mind though and her and Ali laughed and played together while Dave and I tried to capture the sunset.

Oh, how I live for these simple family outings. It is in moments like this, surrounded by the 3 people I love most in the world, that I am happiest.

4 comments:

Jess Young said...

I'm so glad you are having such a great time with that camera.

HappyHodges said...

Arnt simple family times like that the best, and even better when you can catch those and the beauty around you on a camera! Glad to see ya'll had some time to spend together!

Shilo said...

What a beautiful sunset. I love the little moments in life like that too!! Your girls sure look like they had fun!

Kelli said...

how fun. that sunset is amazing! i should visit there more often!