Friday, March 7, 2008

Birthday Surprises

What a day! What an almost perfect day hehe. I'll get to the almost part in a moment. Anyway as you guessed it, today is my birthday. My sweet husband, with the help of my sweet girls and some great friends made it a day to remember. I must say Mindy called bright and early and made my day! Dave then gave me the morning "off" so to speak. I was able to get ready in peace. I forgot what it is like to be able to shower without a million interruptions hehe. He made my favorite breakfast, berry and cream crepes. Then, while I was blow drying my hair little Em kept running in yelling, "here you go, here you go mama." and bearing gifts wrapped in Christmas paper. This happened four different times. Sweet, simple thoughtful gifts such as my favorite chocolates and a couple boxes of triple chunk brownie mix and a new season of scrubs. I was tickled that Dave was going through so much trouble to make my birthday special. Did I mention we are big on birthdays. Dave accidentally picked up a shift because he didn't connect that it was my birthday. He ended up working a 36 hr. shift to be able to get the 12 hrs. off. What a great guy huh. Dave has been hinting for days about a birthday surprise. Around noon we loaded the girls up and headed out the door. I had no clue where we were off to. I was soooo nervous. Long story short we ended up at the airport in Brigham. Oh man at first I couldn't figure out where in the world we were. I thought we were at the prison hehe. You see, I have never been in an airplane, big or small. Crazy I know. Dave arranged for me to go up with Boyd (my brother in law B's dad, did ya catch that connection hehe). I must say Boyd is amazing, he actually built the plane. It was amazing!!! I loved it! I went between down right scared to feeling like I was on top of the world. It was absolutely beautiful. The best was when we returned safely to ground and there was Dave holding Ali and little Emma standing close and all waving. It hit me so strong how lucky I am to have all of them and how much I love them. Emma got to sit in the plane, which she loved and then Dave got to go up on a quick ride. Check out his blog for some awesome pics of his ride!While Dave was gone Emma kept me entertained by showing me where daddy took her to pee on the rocks and by pretending she was a white airplane zooming around. My little Als just snuggled close, I know she missed me in the hr. I was gone hehe. After lunch we headed home for a nap. We had plans to meet up with B and Jess and Adam and Mindy for dinner but little Em woke up crying that her throat hurt and with a blazing fever. Dave was comatose in our bed, recovering from a lack of sleep in the last 48 hrs. We had to cancel. Dear sweet Mindy though showed up at the door with a papa murpheys pizza and some Asphalt pie from wingers. Dave woke up and we plopped a candle in the asphalt pie and called it a great day! Here's hoping little Em recovers and sweet Al doesn't come down with whatever it is. I hate when my kids are sick, I feel so helpless. This will defiantly be a birthday I will never forget.

6 comments:

HappyHodges said...

I am glad to hear it turned out nice for you! I hope you enjoyed the pizza and I hope the treat wasn't to melted?!?! The airplane rise sounds amazing! You are so great and I am so blessed to have you as my friend (that I can call for "any" reason early in the morning ;) ) Happy Birthday Britt, we love ya!

Michele said...

Awesome!!!! Happy Birthday honey, we love you all so very much. See you in a little over a week! Yeah!!!! We are more than likely coming in on that Thursday, hope thats still all right. Thanks!!! Your hopefully favorite Aunty!

Kati said...

Very very cool!!!! What a fun day! The airplane ride looked awesome! Congrats on a new adventure! I LOVE ASPHALT PIE!!! Holy cow- that just makes anyday 10x better! I hope Emma gets well soon- poor girl!

Jess Young said...

Glad it was a fun b-day. We had fun visiting for a little bit yesterday. Hope the brownies were yummy.

Tania Farr said...

Happy late birthday!I can see you had fun.

The Morton Family said...

Geez! I am so glad your birthday was that AWESOME! You guys really are in love, aren't you?
How sweet of Dave and even your friends, to bring over dinner and dessert. Dang, can I steal them all? My friends would never think to do anything like that, I am usually the one that does those things!
I can't believe you have never been in a plane! How neat of a plane for your first experience!
You lucky girl!