
What a day! What an adventure!!!! It started off like any other Saturday morning with Dave making Crepes. Oh man we ventured out and tried something besides berries and cream in our crepes, the result was delicious, holy cow, do I ever mean delicious (I'll post the recipe)! After that we buckled down and dedicated a few hours to getting some spring cleaning done. We decided all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy and decided we needed to do something fun today. We opted to bike the causeway out to Antelope island. It was about 17 miles round-trip. It was such a fun bike ride and an awesome workout! I met a couple of friendly coyotes off the side of the road but by the time Dave caught up and I rummaged around in the bike trailer and found the camera I was only able to get a picture of them scampering off.

So about 3 miles into our ride it began to lightly snow. The girls were bundled up nice and warm in the trailer and me and Dave figured a little snow wouldn't hurt us so we continued on.

We reached the visitors center and wandered around for a little bit. We headed back out and it was a
flippin snow storm!! This one lady had her husband go get the car because she didn't want to walk the 30 ft to the parking lot. I was thinking, "are ya kidding me I have to bike 8.5 miles in this." Me and Dave just looked at each other, smiled and took off. It was INSANE. We had some pretty good downhill. Have you ever stuck your head out the window of a moving car in a snowstorm? That is what it was like. I couldn't breath and I definitely couldn't see. I just held tight to my bike and prayed I didn't veer off the road. We stopped under a pavilion for a minute to catch our breaths and scrape the snow off our eyes. Me and Dave both started laughing so hard. I love that boy. He makes anything fun!

The girls were amazing. They didn't cry at all. They just napped in their dry, cozy trailer. By the time we got back to the car Dave and I were soaked, giggling and ready for some hot chocolate. The sun was nice enough to come out. Emma had fun playing with a bison statue and jumping in "Christmas puddles" while we made some hot cocoa to warm our bones.

The girls were so good on the ride that we decided to head to the mall to see the
Easter bunny, play at the play area and grab some pizza. Em was a little leery of the Easter Bunny and said Hi from a distance. Ali adored the big furry guy.

What a great day. The best days for me are the days spent with my little family. For more pics of our day, biking stats and Dave's side of the story
click here.
8 comments:
Awesome pic of the Easter Bunny I am so so so jealous. Auntie Shell really needs that pic. Logan didn't go to the bunny untill just last year, Santa yes but not that bunny.
This is why we love you guys, you are so sporadic, energetic, brave and fun! What a great day! And the easter bunny pic, LOVE IT!
I just love your blog.It is so fun to read about you guys adventures.The picture of Ali and the Easter bunny is adorable.We need to get together.After easter would be the best.Let me know when would work for you.
You guys are nuts! Brrrr....... Brrr. Brrr.... Brr...... I am seriously schivering here! I love Ali and the easter bunny! How cute!
My gosh! You guys have got so much energy! Love the pictures! Your girls are so adorable!
What is wrong with you guys? Haven't you heard of putting JELLO on your crepes? And to think that Dave and I are related!
Hugs!
I love the pictures of the girls in the trailer. Sounds like quite a ride - you guys are going to have a lot of memories.
I saved that crepe recipe - it sounds good and I'm going to have to try it.
man you are an awsome wife!! and very brave!! i love the easter bunny pic and the cute little pic of ali below what a cute little girl :)
Post a Comment