Sunday, March 30, 2008

Daddy Daughter Date

The other night Dave and I were kind of just chatting and taking inventory of where our little family is at and things we want to change or do better at etc. We decided one big thing we wanted to stress was more one on one time with Dave and the girls. We decided on aiming for monthly daddy daughter dates. Well atleast for Em right now, Ali is still stuck with me until she figures out the bottle hehe. It was so cute sending them off. Emma was sooooo excited. She looked so big heading out the door with her daddy carrying her blue neigh purse packed full of movie treats (shhh don't tell). They went and saw Horton hears a Who and then went to Krispy Kream and shared a sparkly donut. I'm so glad they were able to spend time together, just them. It really meant the world to Em to have her daddy all to herself. Ya know it was kind of nice for me too. Ali napped almost the whole 3 hours. I was tempted on catching up on some much needed sleep but figured I couldn't waste the rare "alone" time sleeping. I was able to catch up on cleaning and even got some scrapbook pages done. Oh and by the way, Emma loved the movie. Today in church she turned around to the people in the pew behind us and said, "My sister's name is baby Ali and I'm Horton the elephant." Too cute. Thanks Dave, for being such a wonderful Dad!



9 comments:

The Morton Family said...

Fabulous idea! I bet she loved having all of his attention!
That movie is cute too, and little Ali is a little young to sit through it still.
You know, maybe next month, you could take her to a movie while dave stays and has Ali time?
I love the pictures!

Emmy Bludorn said...

My kids love their dates, which we have gotten out of the habit of doing. Good for you to start it with Emma - it's good for her and it's good for Dave and it's great for their relationship. It looks like they had a great time.

Heather Rose said...

what a great idea!! :) the pics are cute it looks like they had fun. and how nice for you to have some quiet time. i think bryan and austin might have to start doing that to. thanks for the idea :)

Amber Lynn said...

I think daddy daughter dates are so stinkin cute! I am going to have anothere party. My mom is going to have one at her house sometime either in may or june. The prices run between 80-150 a pair depending on the brand. In stores they run from about 160-300 so its about half price. people crap their pants when they see them at half price but they forget that they are designer jeans. and the people that know designer jeans are so much go crazy at jean parties cuase its such a good deal.. so its just up to you.

Kelli said...

That is so sweet. Growing up, I loved my daddy-daughter dates. I bet she was so happy to do that with him. She's so stinkin' cute. By the way, you are quite the ambitious woman. I would have slept. hehe.
p.s. Thanks for your last comment on my blog. It was really sweet.

Jessica Adamson said...

great idea britt...I hope when we have kids we can be as good as you two are. I hope all is well, and as always, I look forward to reading more...

Jessica Rice Adamson

HappyHodges said...

Oh my heart was softened even more for Dave when you told me this story! Thats great you got some you time, but come on you know my you time would not include cleaning, you are so amazing Britt!

Kati said...

That is so great! Keep it up- it is totally worth it!

Michele said...

Awesome Daddy, but he has to keep up with the greatest Mom I have ever met!