Man oh man I woke up with a rip roaring cold today. I was achy and congested and had a horrid headache. However, we couldn't waste one of Dave's days off and especially one where is wasn't raining. Besides fresh air and exercise are the best things for a cold. This afternoon we headed out on a ride. Dave was sweet enough to let me ride his "new" road bike. I am planning on doing a quarter century race in April or June so he figured I should start getting used to his bike. Here is where the embarrassing comes in. Dave's bike has the clip-in pedals . I am terrified of them. I just can't work them ya know. I still have the good ol fashioned ones on my mountain bike. Anyway I'm just starting to figure out the gearing and what not when we come up to an intersection where we need to make a left hand turn. Dave pulls into the turn lane comes to a stop and turns around for some reason to watch me. I pull up, stop and OH CRAP I am stuck in the pedals. You guessed it I toppled right over and hit the blacktop. I'm so happy my husband and a whole line of cars behind me got to witness that graceful act. I had to just hop up and jump back on my bike nonchalantly like I had meant to fall over all along. Anyway, besides that incident we had a nice ride, we rode over and visited Jess and B for a bit and then were off again just biking along back roads. Altogether we did 17.5 miles, not bad. We were having a blast and would have kept going but it started getting dark on us. I love biking, Dave loves it and even our little ones look forward to our rides. Its going to be a great summer!
Friday, March 28, 2008
So embarrassing
Man oh man I woke up with a rip roaring cold today. I was achy and congested and had a horrid headache. However, we couldn't waste one of Dave's days off and especially one where is wasn't raining. Besides fresh air and exercise are the best things for a cold. This afternoon we headed out on a ride. Dave was sweet enough to let me ride his "new" road bike. I am planning on doing a quarter century race in April or June so he figured I should start getting used to his bike. Here is where the embarrassing comes in. Dave's bike has the clip-in pedals . I am terrified of them. I just can't work them ya know. I still have the good ol fashioned ones on my mountain bike. Anyway I'm just starting to figure out the gearing and what not when we come up to an intersection where we need to make a left hand turn. Dave pulls into the turn lane comes to a stop and turns around for some reason to watch me. I pull up, stop and OH CRAP I am stuck in the pedals. You guessed it I toppled right over and hit the blacktop. I'm so happy my husband and a whole line of cars behind me got to witness that graceful act. I had to just hop up and jump back on my bike nonchalantly like I had meant to fall over all along. Anyway, besides that incident we had a nice ride, we rode over and visited Jess and B for a bit and then were off again just biking along back roads. Altogether we did 17.5 miles, not bad. We were having a blast and would have kept going but it started getting dark on us. I love biking, Dave loves it and even our little ones look forward to our rides. Its going to be a great summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ooooh Brit! Are you ok? That is awful, a touch funny but terrible! I am so glad Dave has you to keep up with him! If you are sick and bumped and bruised from the fall, I should be taking care of you for a change!
hehe, i'm really fine, the only thing bruised is my ego :)
LOL!!! Brit- that totally cracks me up! "I had to just hop up and jump back on my bike nonchalantly like I had meant to fall over all along." This is so funny! I am glad you are ok! I too and TERRIFIED of clip in! Good luck! I hope that clip in's just click for you and is easy for you to do anytime!
Holy Moly girl!
I am sorry you have that flu cold crap!
I am sorry that you ate it too, on the bike, and in front of people.
That is about like talking to people with a booger in your nose.
You handled it great though!
You sound like you are to much fun to be around!
You biked a lot. Maybe this summer, we can meet up with you guys. We aren't hard core bikers, but could do a few miles with you! :)
Hugs!
Britt- I love the story! That's hilarious! I don't have the clip in pedals on my bike yet (I still have to pick up an extra shift till I can buy them and the shoes!) but before I got my bike I borrowed Tierney's roomates and she had them and at first I was freaked out of my mind! I didn't have any tumbles, but definitely came close a few times. They definitely take some getting used to! We will have to go on a ride together. Dave told me you want to do the Salt Lake Marathon/bike ride in April. I would love to do that. I wish it didn't cost 40 flippin bucks, we're so dang poor. I will talk to Scott about it ok? Let me know if you're serious about it!
Post a Comment