Saturday, March 22, 2008

Diggin Days and Easter Eggs

I love Saturdays. Dave is usually finishing up an 80 hr. work week so its so nice to have a whole day to spend with him. We decided it was a beautiful day to go diggin. We headed up Farmington Canyon. Its kind of a narrow, windy road with a huge drop off on one side. Em kept saying, "I'm scared daddy, I'm scared." To keep her mind off of it we told her we were looking for the perfect rocks for her to pee on. The kid loooooves to pee on rocks. Don't ask. She is going to love camping season, hehe. Anyway she spent the rest of the time looking for her perfect rock. Dave asked her if she wanted to pee in the snow instead to which she promptly replied, "NO daddy the snow is all dirty." On the way back Dave decided to try his hand at making it up a snow hill, I hopped out to take a picture. I heard the truck go VARRRROOOM, Emma screaming bloody murder and then when all calmed down Dave chuckling. Little Al was just chilling in her carseat chewing happily on a granola bar wrapper. Now to clarify and so none of you feel the need to call child services on us, we didn't do anything that was reckless or where there was danger of tipping. Dave saves that for when hes by himself. Yes, we have life insurance on him.

After family nap time, which I loved, we worked on Dave's sharing time for tomorrow and then decided to dye Easter eggs. Emma LOVED it. It amazes me how much she loves working on projects. Her hands turned bright green. They are going to look so pretty with her white Easter dress tomorrow.


6 comments:

Dave said...

what a fun day. sorry we didn't get e bike ride in today I was so tied!

HappyHodges said...

What a perfect day for you guys! But be careful with my girls! Happy Easter!

The Morton Family said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe how daring you are!
I would have a serious panic attack if we went 4 wheeling. Ever since we got our dogs, then had kids, I am uber paranoid to be in vehicles, let alone doing that! Good for you!

Emily said...

Once again you get the coolest family award! Britt, I love your blog. I love that I get to see what fun things you are doing with your family all the time. I love it. I love you! You continually inspire me.

Kati said...

Awww! I hope Emma gets over being scared. I remember huckering down on the floor of the jeep and putting my arms over my head thinking "this isn't happening, this isn't for real" like I was watching a bad movie... My tummy would be hurting so bad from the stress of it all... I am amazed I don't have ulsers... So to say the least, keep distracting her and maybe she will learn to enjoy it- unlike me... Although- I love four wheelers... I love the picture of Ali smiling with dave holding her! That is adorable! Emma fingers! How cute- you will have to post pictures of her easter dress!

Amber Lynn said...

lol, you guys have all the fun!