eating burnt toasties
This weekend we also went on my longest bike ride ever.....53 miles!!! We started from our house, hopped on the parkway trail in Farmington and got off in SLC and then headed up to the State's capital. We had to climb three KILLER hills to reach the capital. I guess it was actually just one killer hill we took in three different sections, but anyway....they weren't very long but they were so stinkin steep. I was actually really scared to try the first one because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to make it and then wouldn't be able to clip out and would end up rolling with my bike back down to the bottom-I can be dramatic at times :) Well, I made it. The picture is of me gloating at the top. I'm going to let Dave post more about the ride so keep checking his blog for more insights on our ride. It was a good one.
While we were biking I realized why I love family bike rides so much. They are a free (gotta love that) activity where you get to spend quality time together while outside and while getting some exercise. Perfect.
So, you girls will love this next story, while we were biking Dave made the comment that next month would be the perfect month for me to get pregnant because I would be able to do the century (I would only be 5 months prego) and then pop out the little one just in time to run the half-marathon. All I could do was stare at him....and shake my head a bit. However, last night I got to thinking. If Dave was a woman (haha, funny thought) he might just be able to pull it off. The boy is tough. Between three of his jobs and his internship he put in a 92 hour work week and still got in 70 miles of biking while pulling a 55+ lb. trailer. Wow.
Sunday we went to a Wilson lunch/dinner at Dave's cousin, Jen's, house. Dave's uncle is back from Iraq for a couple of weeks so it was a great opportunity to all get together. It was such a wonderful evening. It was fun to be able to visit with family we haven't seen for quite awhile. Jen, the best hostess ever, had the kids all bring their costumes and then had little treat bags and crafts for them. Below are Braxton, Hyrum and Emma working hard on some cute Halloween hats.

It was a great weekend! It really was :)


6 comments:
I like the new look! I so so glad you guys made it yesterday! It was so fun to see all of you.
You need to call Dave a wuss for me for not getting the 20 pounder....:-)
How fun! The pumpkin patch, and your collage, look great! I loved seeing you and Dave and Emma and Ali and LONNIE at Jen's! I am so glad we all made it!!! We should have gotten a family picture now that I think of it! Cause that just never happens...
This post made me laugh! You guys and your adventures crack me up.
I can't believe you biked 53 miles. You are a crazy person! I love the picture of you celebrating. I would be too!
About Dave thinking it would be such a great idea to get pregnant just in time for the 100 miler. Dave, Dave, Dave... you still have oh so much to learn. :) haha.
And Brit, come on, while Dave is VERY tough, you can't sell us women out. No man is tough ENOUGH to give birth. :)
Love and miss you guys!!
Oh, and I LOVE the new layout. How did you do the header? It looks great! And don't you just love that family picture? You guys all look so great.
Wow, you always have jam-packed weekends! Looks way fun - not sure I have as much energy though! I LOVE Pack's Patch! We've taken Addyson since her first Halloween. SO FUN! We are going this week sometime. I'm sure she will have a blast - this time she has the abilities and energy to do it all! They have a lot of Photo ops. there. Anyway. Great job on your ride. Everytime you post about riding it makes me want to get a bike!
Post a Comment