Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sisters

The other day I was coming up from downstairs with some laundry and this is what I found.


Little nuts! In case you can't tell, Emma and Ali are racing horses. Emma found two horses from their bedroom and talked Ali into staging a horse race. Recently, Emma and Ali have been playing together a lot more. I owe it to the fact that Ali is getting a little bit older and can participate in the games Emma makes up. She doesn't always understand what is going on but is always willing to do what big sister is doing. It touches my heart to watch them interact. Ali loves Emma so much and follows her around constantly. Emma is usually so helpful and caring when it comes to Ali.

The other day we had been downstairs playing in Em's cardboard house when I told the girls it was time to head up for naps. Ali happily crawled after me but Emma, poor little Emma, wanted to play some more and planted herself in the middle of the floor and refused to come. I was in the middle of counting to 3 (if I reach 3 I help Emma aka carry her upstairs) when Ali noticed that Emma wasn't following. She crawled back to where Emma was and sat down next to her copying the exact same stubborn expression. That did it! I was trying so hard to not bust up laughing. I ended up carrying two little ones up to their beds.

I must admit...they don't always get along. Hey, but you already knew that, after all, they are siblings, hehe. There are times when Emma wants to be left alone so she will go in her room and shut the door leaving a very sad Ali wailing outside. There was also the time Ali tackled Emma and stole her milk. In reference to that occasion Emma will ask everyone and anyone, "Hey, you member when baby Ali beat me up?"

Through the happy times and the fights, I know Emma and Ali love each other very much. I hope they always, always stay close. Sisters....that's a strong bond.


8 comments:

Dave said...

so excited to spend the next few days with ya'll!!!

HappyHodges said...

So cute! I am so glad your girls have that sisterly bond, and I know from experience although sisters drive us mad at times, nothing could break that bond.

Kati said...

I love it! My greatest joy this week- I was doing my hair in the bathroom downstairs and the kids were playing together. They were plaing games of make believe and singing songs along together. It was so wonderful! Also lately Paul has been littlerally obsessed with "Ring Around the Rosey." Paul makes Hyrum play it 20x a day. I uaually get in on the action too. But it is just adorable seeing the interaction and bonds that take place between siblings!

Heather Rose said...

Thats so cute what an imagination your cute girls have!:)

Jess Young said...

Sisters. Something I wasn't to fond of growing up, but now I would hate to live without (including sister-in-laws). What would I do without my sisters? Anyway, I love the fall pictures up at Snow Basin, and can I sign up for the free samples?

Krystal said...

How cute! I hope that my girls will play so sweetly when Brylee is bigger. Right now, Addy plays with Brylee, but Brylee either grins or wails!! You have adorable girls and I love the story of little copy cat Ali. Funny - I count to 3 and then take control at that point too! hehe The joys.

Emmy Bludorn said...

I love it when they start copying their older siblings tantrums! (sarcasm) It's amusing when they're little...just wait. :)

Jessica Adamson said...

they are so sweet! I think it helps to have a great mom! We need to play soon