Sunday, October 5, 2008
Conference Thoughts
I don't know about you, but lately, with the economy, the bailout plan and the presidential debates there seems to be a heavy atmosphere of panic, contention and chaos. It has had me on edge. As I listened to conference those feelings were replaced with feelings of peace, hope and love. I especially loved President Monson's talk Sunday morning on enjoying the journey of life and filling our hearts with gratitude. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I'm not very good with words, but I wish I was at times like this so I could express exactly whats in my heart. The Conference talks brought peace to my heart, a determination to live better, prepare more, pray always and to above all, keep a positive attitude and enjoy life. What are your thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I completely agree with you. With the state our country is in, I was expereincing the same feelings. Conference brought that peace that I needed! It also was wonderful to hear from our loving and kind authorities. It gave me a list of things to work on, as well as a feeling of comfort and love. There is nothing that can boost you as a daughter of God more then to be reminded about our mission here on Earth and our worth in the Lord's eyes. No matter our mistakes, appearence or what weaknesses we have. There is a bright future ahead!
I am not exactly sure why- but the whole economy thing and what not really hasn't bothered me. The bailout bothers me- that is rediculous! Brad has been right on top of everything and keeping me informed with KSL. So I don't feel like I am ducking my head in the sand, but I have felt very calm all along with it. I feel like I have a lot to learn when a disaster happens- like here we have wheat and beans and now what?? But it is a sense of security having food stored. Conference gave me a HUGE desire to prepare myself more on the inside. To teach my children more. I loved the peacemaker talk. I have a long way to go with that! Also I loved the Virture talk- A MUST for the rising generation! I guess like most I really felt edified with each talk- well except for the reverance in Sacrament meeting one... That just makes me WAY more self concious about my two rambunction boys... It is a journey in itself to teach a child reverance for 1.5 hours durring nap time. It was a great reminder of the importance of the ordinance, but a huge obsticle in my life.
Holy COW! Brit, have you seen what stocks have been doing this week... This is about the point when I am starting to worry...
Post a Comment