On Thursday my parents came down with Matt, Ashtyn and little Carter man for a fun little playdate. My mom brought princess costumes for the girls and a puppy costume for Carter.
After using Grandpa as a horse Emma and Ashtyn helped make some yummy sugar cookies. I gave the girls each a blob of dough to roll out and cut. Emma took the job very seriously while Ashtyn stuck the blob promptly in her mouth. That stressed Emma out a immensely. Little nuts. The girls did GREAT at decorating though. They only ate half of the frosting :)
I had to add this picture....Grandpa snuck Ali a cookie and man, oh, man was she LOVIN' it.After cookies we headed to Chuck-e-cheese for some pizza. Notice the top left picture, Emma was taking a Ali on a jeep ride and Ali was, well, a bit scared :). After we wore the kids out at Chuck-e-cheese it was back to the house for Halloween stories and naptime. Emma and Ashtyn got quite upset with me when I wouldn't let them nap together in Emma's bed. They sure are becoming fast friends.
While the kids napped my mom did my hair. It was in DESPERATE need of some maintenance. A trim and color....sure can make a girl feel pretty again. Thanks mom and dad for an AMAZING playdate. It sure was a fun day :).Saturday we biked to the pumpkin patch again but this time with B and Jess' little fam. It was the perfect weather for a leisurely ride! Dave and B rode together giving me and Jess the chance to ride next each other and talk, and talk, and talk some more :)
Saturday evening B and Jess brought Josh and Rebecca over and we all went to a Halloween carnival. Dave had to work so my friend, Jessica, was sweet enough to be my date :) Anyway, a family in the ward puts it on every year. This was my first year going but I was impressed! The decorations were really festive and there were a dozen different carnival games perfect for all ages. The place (their backyard) was packed. It was also dirt cheap, which is always nice :)
Stay tuned because there are a million more Halloween activities we are going to hit....I LOVE this time of year!




4 comments:
We had so so much fun. Thanks for including us!
That looks like a blast! I am so glad you were able to get together with so much family and have some Halloween FUN!!! Love Ali falling asleep in her chair too- and the jeep thing! She and Emma are so funny with how different they are- yet they are both the sweetest angels in all the world! You are one lucky mama!
Hey Brit- how come when I click on your pictures they get bigger and when I click on my pictures they don't??? Any ideas?
Spookley Fun!!!!
Post a Comment